Why become a member? ×

SOLD

plasson

For sale is a '79 MusicMan StingRay, black on black, maple neck and fingerboard.
EXCELLENT conditions for a 29 years old instrument.
Body labeled as January '79, neck labeled as February '79.
Serial number: B012616.
All original components (including string mutings).
Lacking of original hardcase.

Mor pics here: [url="http://picasaweb.google.com/andreasrusso/StingRay79?pli=1"]http://picasaweb.google.com/andreasrusso/StingRay79?pli=1[/url]

I'll send more only if interested.

cell.: +393338129590

The instrument is in Italy.

[b]Price: 1750£[/b]

Regarding the problems related to my older ad for a Modulus VJ: I am SORRY if the instrument was overpriced, it was just the RIGHT price for my country (infact I sold it here for THAT price).
My fault was given by the fact that I didn't actually checked the sale price of the instrument in the UK.
Once again: I AM SORRY. I didn't mean to fool anybody.
For the few infos I found, it seems to me like the price of this instrument is right.

Edited by plasson

[quote name='plasson' post='190711' date='May 2 2008, 05:05 PM'][/quote]
That appears to be in superb nick. Is the finish original and are the solder joints on the pots intact?

[quote name='plasson' post='190711' date='May 2 2008, 05:05 PM']Regarding the problems related to my older ad for a Modulus VJ: I am SORRY if the instrument was overpriced, it was just the RIGHT price for my country (infact I sold it here for THAT price).
My fault was given by the fact that I didn't actually checked the sale price of the instrument in the UK.
Once again: I AM SORRY. I didn't mean to fool anybody.
For the few infos I found, it seems to me like the price of this instrument is right.[/quote]
Don't take it too personally and if you have any more problems like this in the future please PM me. How about you introduce yourself in the Introductions forum and join the rest of the community who aren't quite so hostile?

thanks for the kindness, I've just discovered this forum a few months ago but I'm certainly going to join the comunity.

regarding the StingRay: both the body and neck the finishes are original, but, being it black, there are superficial scars on the body that are pretty hard to see in picture... however if you visit the link to the photoalbum they are much more noticable.
it is anyway in amazing conditions for a 29 years old bass guitar.
I'd prefer to sell it after a personal meeting anyway...
oh, and the preamp works great as well.
I forgot to take a picture of it, but I'm going to do that too.

Edited by plasson

• 2 weeks later...