Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic's BG500 bass combo

mark77bass

it's pretty good value for what it is.. very loud, lots of tone shaping, tuner and compressor on-board. Does lack a bit of punch and definition you'll get with more expensive combo's/heads-cabs!
Had mine a couple of years now, it's performed well.. Mine gets carted along and does a decent job any time I don't need to go collect my main rig.
I use it mainly as a practice amp at home (very nice sounding headphone and aux ) Would I buy one again, don't think so, but then I love to swap and change gear.
I thought it was the best out there for the money at the time I bought it.
I'd give it a 7-10 on my scale :)

I had one for a few months. It was pretty good, great set of features (presets, tuner, aux in, compressor and valve drive). Not too hard too lug about as its pretty tall and has good handles. I had the 15" version and found it was a bit lacking in punch (loads of boom but a bit lifeless in loud rehearsals). In hindsight, perhaps the 210 would have been a better bet.

Thomann are selling one at £367 here

http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?xsid=8a777a7e9ae2d11a458c07e33c71de66&sw=bg500&x=0&y=0

Bargain at that price i reckon - you wouldnt take too much of a hit if you didnt get on with it and moved it on later.