Why become a member? ×

Will an LS-2 do this?

Bowks

Having spent the day re-jigging my board, I've been thinking about how to get the most out of my Line 6 M5 by having the ability to move its position withing the signal chain.

I'm running the following signal path:

Tuner-> buffer -> compressor -> octaver -> synth wah -> OD -> Muff -> phaser -> chorus -> tremolo -> M5 -> delay

Ideally, I'd like to be able to switch the M5 from its current position to the front of the chain, will a Boss LS-2 enable me to do this or can any of you suggest another pedal that can achieve this?

Unfortunately no, the LS2 will not do that. Reorganising the signal chain is a touch call. I can think of one pedal that will do what you need in this instance - The Wobo Loop Inverter.
http://woboge.com/boxes_inverter.html

You'd set your chain as follows...

Bass - input of loop inverter -
- loop1 - every pedal upto and including the tremolo
- loop2 - M5
Output of loop inverter - delay

The loop inverter lets you swap the signal chain order of the loops, so in one position the long string of effects runs into the m5 and then the delay. Press the button and 1 & 2 get swapped so the M5 runs into the long string of effects and then the delay.

Hope that helps

Shep

Looks like Wobo are no longer trading, so I shall keep an eye out on the used pedal market.

Paul, I'm never using non-isolated power supplies after previous experiences. Fortunately, a bit of recent eBaying and selling on here has meant I have the fund to buy a T Rex Fuel Tank Jr, which can sit alongside the MXR MC403 and give me another 5 isolated power outlets. I can even use the mains outlet on the MC403 so I still just have 1 mains plug to power the board.