Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Transport Sorted Thanks Daz!

ash

Wondered if anyone travels regularly between Liverpool and the North - Lakes/Scotland/North Lancs and could help me out? I want to transport a half sized double bass from the Wirral and get it up to Lancaster - I'm a non driver and my girlfriend is recovering from an operation at the moment so won't be driving for the foreseeable.
The bass is a trade but I can post my part of the deal easily, both myself and my trading partner are uncomfortable dealing with couriers with such a large delicate item and thought it worth enquiring on the site. Obviously petrol costs will be reimbursed and beer tokens and good will a plenty will be bestowed upon anyone who can help! Cheers

Edited by ash

I don't travel up that way usually. However I could drive it up there for you. Being unemployed at the moment and bored bored bored. (Ie: welded up 3 small plates on my sill that didn't really need doing, then spray matched the entire sills both sides. Also I polish my car every sunny day. It's now something of a local joke, people have started asking me if I exhibit the car its so shiny :) )

Therefore I'm usually trying to find stuff to do anyway (and reading 3 books a week!) Let me know if you want me for this, and we'll sort something out. BTW I'm not after payment, just petrol money if fine. You'd be doing me a favour actually :)

Right, suns shining so I am outside to polish the car.

Edited by daz

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1346836197' post='1793738']
Can't help but have you thought about meeting somewhere half way on a train station?

Actually, we should get all double bass players here to turn up at the same place with their basses and cause chaos. Bet it would make the press!! :lol:
[/quote]

Bass protest group against the cuts perhaps? :)

I've had a very generous offer from Daz above, hopefully we can work something out. We were going to meet up halfway as a last resort but I don't relish lugging an old bass on a packed train - there could be a film in here somewhere?

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1347035924' post='1796332']
Got to say many many thanks to Daz on the forum for helping me out, what a star! Hope you found Lancaster's dreaded one way system easier on your way back to sunny Chester. Cheers mate!
[/quote]

Sunny Chester indeed ! :) Felt a bit of a fool, after leaving Chester sweltering in 75 degrees, wearing my shorts and sun hat, and arriving 75 miles further north on a dull drizzly day, under thick dark grey cloud cover :).

As for that one way 'system' AHGHH! I spose it was my own fault for leaving without checking if my phones sat nav was up to par (it wasn't) If I hadn't had a brainwave after turning in to a certain road and recalling the name of your own road then recognizing the Lake district 'theme' and realizing we must be near, we might still be there now.

Hey at least it got me out of the house, and I didn't clean, polish or wax the car today, not once!

I think I may start my own instrument moving business :)

Actually, seriously if anyone wants any basses transported from A to B, for a 'consideration' :) let me know. I'm up for it.

Daz, what a legend. I really love trading on this forum because of the level of generosity of more than a few individuals in your hour of need, everyone is happy to help and it's just great! Daz really helped Ash and I out today in a big way. Thank you very much indeed. P.S your car didn't need anymore waxing or polishing, it looked brand spanking new!! Haha :)

Edited by risingson