Why become a member? ×

Vintage 70s Dan Armstrong London bass with Sliding Pickup

seventiesfreak

There were two versions of this plus a long/short scale option. The second version had different shaped horns, it may be a camera angle fault but the horns on this look shorter than on both models. Has the bass been modified in any way prior to refinishing - also what is the neck joint like as these basses commonly need a neck reset as a result of a the glues drying out at the neck joint?

Looking at the pics again this appears to be the first version as it has the 'London' logo on the fascia.

Edited by ash

I purchased it in a very worn condition a good number of years ago it had been painted black and a god awful job it was, i never questioned the horn shape and assumed that they were like this as id never seen another, the neck is solid as a rock no movement issues with it whatsoever and it certainly hasnt been glued or reset, thanks for your interest..

Here we go -

http://www.danarmstrong.org/londonbass.html

That gives all the variants so you can compare yours to them. I have owned both versions and I prefer the look of the one with the shorter horns as it reminds me of the very first Gibson EBO bass.
Good luck

• 2 months later...