Why become a member? ×

Jazz Cafe - Groove Cartel 27th June 07

bassjamm

Hi all,

Just a quick one to announce that i'm gigging with Groove Cartel at the Jazz Cafe in Camden next Wednesday (27th june)...not had many details come through yet, but rock on!!!

Check out the myspace link in my sig to hear some of our stuff.

Will any of you be able to make it?

Thanks
Jamie

[quote name='bassjamm' post='19680' date='Jun 18 2007, 03:34 PM']Hi all,

Just a quick one to announce that i'm gigging with Groove Cartel at the Jazz Cafe in Camden next Wednesday (27th june)...not had many details come through yet, but rock on!!!

Check out the myspace link in my sig to hear some of our stuff.

Will any of you be able to make it?

Thanks
Jamie[/quote]

Well done, mate. I'll check out your myspace page when I got home (the music player's blocked at work!). I should be free and should make it down. I'd expect you at my next gig though. ;-) Deal?

[quote name='The Funk' post='19686' date='Jun 18 2007, 03:42 PM']Well done, mate. I'll check out your myspace page when I got home (the music player's blocked at work!). I should be free and should make it down. I'd expect you at my next gig though. ;-) Deal?[/quote]

Free time permitting mate, then yeah, i'll come along to one of your gigs...i'm in Grantham, Lincs, not sure where you are. But i'm all up for getting along to see some fellow basschatter's pimping it up on stage :)

[quote name='bassjamm' post='19687' date='Jun 18 2007, 03:45 PM']Free time permitting mate, then yeah, i'll come along to one of your gigs...i'm in Grantham, Lincs, not sure where you are. But i'm all up for getting along to see some fellow basschatter's pimping it up on stage :)[/quote]

Hah, well, we're in London. I still think I'll pop along to the Jazz Cafe to see you.

I thought I knew the name Groove Cartel. You guys were one of our first myspace friends on a previous band's profile.

[quote name='The Funk' post='19712' date='Jun 18 2007, 04:27 PM']Hah, well, we're in London. I still think I'll pop along to the Jazz Cafe to see you.

I thought I knew the name Groove Cartel. You guys were one of our first myspace friends on a previous band's profile.[/quote]

Nahh...you've heard the stuff on the radio, lol, just joking :)

The band have played there once before, but we're back again, wahoooo!!! Would still be cool to see some basschatters there, not sure whether i'll be able to say hi to anyone, but where possible i will!!!

The headline act sounds interesting though, a very talented piano dude!!!

J

[quote name='The Funk' post='20740' date='Jun 20 2007, 01:25 PM']Have to? Get to speak to the stage manager/sound engineer directly. I'm sure they'll understand once you explain about your rig.[/quote]

Well...i can bring my own rig, that's possible yeah, but it's more of a complication than anything. We're the last band on, stretching into the early hours (think we start 11ish), and our alloted soundcheck time is 4pm, however, with some of the guys in the band working full time and not able to get the time off, we're having to skip the sound check and will perform a line check when we're getting ready to play...so, without being able to sound check, this becomes very complicated!!! Looks like using my rig won't be feesable!!!

Gargh...the Thunderfunk would've kicked ass!!!

Yeah i D.I...and i'm very specific about my amps and what not, they sound good and do the job well...but i don't see a way around this one without having to make the 2 1/2hour trip on my own in my van, incurring expenses beyound those already in place, and to then not get in my van before 1am to make the journey back...i think for one night, i can survive on Ashdown...my F Bass will give me muchos tone-os!

Im of Jamie's school of thought - i hate using other rigs but my own.

Unfortunately I cant get to the Jazz Cafe then, though I would like to, I have a practise with my funk band that night!

Im sure you guys will kick bumcheeks, and If you get any more in the london area, I will try and get there.

Also need to check out Foolish Earthlings - Syed is a top fella!

Yeah man...think i'm going to have to settle for using the Ashdown though...especially seeing as though we're skipping sound check, we'd be leaving ourselves open to too many complications that we don't want to have to worry about!!! Still...life goes on, and it's not the amp nor the bass that make the player, so on that basis, i'll endevour to kick ass using weapons of the dark side :) The F Bass is enough bassful goodness for me :huh:

Hey man...it went wicked thanks, absolutely storming gig!!! Still kind of blown away from it, really had an awesome time!!! It's not settled in that i've actually played at the Jazz Cafe, lol!!!

Do you know of any good gigs happening on Sunday? I'm coming down to meet up with a lady friend in Watford, was thinking about trying to catch a gig or something...can you recommend any musical happenings?

J