Why become a member? ×

Fender Deluxe Active P Bass Special MIM? Worth it?

rikodriko

Hi,

I normally hang around the double bass forums thats thats what i play.

I know absolutely nothing about bass guitars other than they also have 4 strings and occasionally 5. sometimes 6. Slightly smaller than a DB.

im in the market for getting more into bass guitar, and have been looking around on ebay and other places.

I have found a good condition bass - Fender deluxe active P bass special... at a good price - £350 - or at least i think thats a good price. but my lack of knowledge is holding me back.

Can anyone recommend this kind of bass at this price?

are these basses generally better than regular P Basses (more knobs to twiddle)?

Is this too much for what it is?

Any comments appreciated.

Good bass, priced fairly. The actives just means you have more control over the sound on the bass. They`re not so much "better" than a usual Precision, rather "different". They`ll be better to some people, as in those who like active sound, but not for people like myself, who don`t, so that part is purely choice. But yes, there are more knobs to twiddle, and these will produce a wider variety of sounds. In terms of the instrument itself, well you can`t go wrong with a Precision.