Why become a member? ×

Effects Pedals Power Supplies

kendall

HI there - I have a few pedals that I use frequently. Ashdown Chorus, Ibanez Tubescreamer and Dunlop Cry Baby Wah.

They are all quite battery hungry and I would like to get an adaptor to power them. I tend to use one or two at a time - never all three.

I'm a bit of a novice with all this stuff and would like some suggestions for powering them all. Do I get a pedal board or, can you get a multi use adaptor?

What sort of things do I need to check. I know jack about volts and amps I'm afraid.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

they're probably all 9V DC. It will say on the pedals. You'll also need the number next to ma (milliamps). Add this number up from each pedal. The total (probably less than 500ma) gives you the 2nd requirement you have for a PSU. So, you probably want a 9V DC adaptor which can provide up to 500ma

If you're thinking about expanding with more pedals in the future (especially digital pedals) it might be worth your while getting a more powerful (more ma) PSU.

you can power all your pedals from one supply by using a "daisy chain" which are readily available and pretty cheap.