Why become a member? ×

The Making of YYZ

merello

The DVD arrived on saturday and I've watched it about six times since then! B)

It's interesting though, when you watch other episodes of this series, which are one hour programmes, they concentrate on the making of one particular album. The rest of the story is about the various excesses in which the band were indulging at the time (e.g. Fleetwood Mac with Rumours, Black Sabbath with Paranoid).

Rush seem to have no such vices, so to fill the programme and make it up to an hour, they get to do two albums!! :D

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1345297803' post='1776024']
WAL !! i mean WOW !!
[/quote]

Quite. I have always enjoyed the live Rush stuff from the late 80's. The band at their peak, and Wal tone too - Geddy's best tone! It's cool to hear the old songs spruced up with the Wal.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1346222085' post='1786567']
Quite. I have always enjoyed the live Rush stuff from the late 80's. The band at their peak, and Wal tone too - Geddy's best tone! It's cool to hear the old songs spruced up with the Wal.
[/quote]

Ha ha! I politely but totally disagree! That was also the stage when he ditched the distortion, grew his fingernails and played those horrible light gauge strings.... I hated that tone with a passion! Too clean, quacky and clinical. And on YYZ it sounds worst of all!! :huh:

Still, it would be a dull world if we all liked the same things! :)