Why become a member? ×

Now Sold - Birdsong Cortobass short scale For Sale

wltchris

I'm selling my Birdsong Cortobass - [url="http://www.birdsongguitars.com/index.htm"]http://www.birdsongg...s.com/index.htm[/url]

This is a custom, hand built, short scale bass. Birdsong basses are designed from the ground up to be light and comfortable to play. Mine is not the standard Cortobass model, but was built to my own specifications with extras such as walnut and ebony with gold hardware, so it truly is one of a kind. It is an absolutely fantastic bass. It sounds deep, warm and woody and just oozes class. It's very light (8 lbs. 1 oz), with a fast neck. I have looked after it lovingly and it really is in superb condition. No major dinks or scrapes. There are one or two little marks on the front and a very minor dink on the back, but these are so small that I couldn't even get usable pictures of them. I had to wait about a year after initially placing the order until I got my hands on it. He usually only builds them to order, so to get one new means a long wait. This will be perfect If you're looking for a short scale bass, or a beautiful, unique and handmade bass, that's a bit different.

Walnut body with ebony stringer.
Maple neck with rosewood fretboard.
Ebony nut, control plate and truss rod cover.
Lace pickups.
Gold hardware.
Gold Hipshot bridge and tuning machines.
31 inch scale / 24 frets

These basses are built with love and great attention to detail by a true artisan, using pro quality parts throughout. No corners are cut at all.

[b][i]"I want an instrument to speak of the wood it's made of...[/i][/b][b][i]Everything on a Cortobass has been thought out;[/i][/b][color=#000000] nothing is there by chance, by accident, or because "that's what Leo Fender did." I was a professional player for years, never comfortable on my full-size Fender-styles or satisfied with the short scales that were available. I didn't see why a small bass had to be a cheap student import or an imbalanced old design, and I sold ALL my other basses once my 3rd short scale was made in 2000. It was funky but the laughs stopped when it plugged in. The sound of wood; not graphite, not circuit boards, not thick plastic lamination, no big piano-like [/color][i]boioioing[/i][color=#000000]. [/color][b]Wood. [/b][color=#000000]What a concept." Quote from the Birdsong website.[/color]

It fits in a standard hard guitar case (which is included)

It cost me around £1350 in October 2009. Scott, the guy who makes them, has told me that a fair second hand selling price is around three to four hundred dollars less than the original price (which equates to around £250), so I am asking for £1100.

Please feel free to mail me with any questions or call Chris on 07500771997

Edited by wltchris

Wow, you dont see many of these for sale over here!!!

I had one of the first ones in the UK in 2005, and have regretted selling it ever since I was "persuaded" to do so by another enthusiast. They might not be flashy basses, but they become such a friend and are a joy to play. Scott and his team put so much of themselves into each build that they somehow feel like organic little buggers rather than a factory built instrument. I wish I was in a position to buy this bass, I really do.

Good luck,

Bob

Cheers Bob. I have bought and sold quite a lot of instruments and gear over the years, but this will be the hardest thing I've ever let go. I'm still not sure I'm doing the right thing. But I'm just not playing it much anymore. I'm no longer in a gigging band, and its an expensive thing for a part time hobbyist to have lying around. Plus I could really do with the money. I may well get cold feet and take it down though. We'll see.