Why become a member? ×

Rim Basses Marseer Custom 8 String

captainhaddock

Hi Captain.

No news yet, I'm afraid.

I've been sweating for this amp since October last year.

Its certainly not the cheapest amp ever, but the quality and performance are through the roof apparently. If its anything like the 212 cabinet I've just got, it'll be superb.

Marc Vanderkley has prototypes at the London show this weekend, but still not available for retail sale. Hey Ho. One day soon hopefully.

I'll be posting on here when it arrives. We need to hook up and put your 8 string through this rig one day.

RK

Oh man, that is spectacular!

What a fantastic piece of work. You lucky man.

I've followed this build from the outset, yet I'm still gobsmacked to see the built bass. Great choices of woods, hardware and shape.

Wonderful

RK

Cheers thanks glad you like it,
I'm really pleased that I went to Robbie to build it because he's a talented guy and a real pleasure to deal with!
Yeah the combination of the types of wood work really well together and I'm really glad that we changed to Walnut facings instead of the Myrtle that was planned originally!

Spoke to Robbie last night and he's managed to wire up the coil switch and apparently it has a range of crazy tones whatever that means!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing major bud the battery light location has been sorted discussed with Robbie about putting control knob position markers on body to match the knobs.
Its been stripped down ready for final sanding and the finish to be applied,and the cavity cover is being laser etched next week!

I have a couple of pictures I can post later if ya want me too?