Why become a member? ×

Rim Basses Marseer Custom 8 String

captainhaddock

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Captain

I've only just noticed this thread...wow, what a process...what a bass!

I made contact with Robbie Mc just before Xmas to discuss some ideas around a custom built 6-string singlecut...
[color=#000000]

Singlecut 6 Marseer Swallowtail
Ebony BoardHoney Buckeye top with sandwich veneer of purpleheart / walnut backMaple/wenge 5 piece neck 34 scale, Slotted headstock with face burl cap.
Medium frets
Luminlay side markers
Brass nutCustom Passive Rim Pickups or Christoph Dolf , Delano etc.
Vol,Vol,tone setupHipshot Bridge in Black with Gold saddlesSperzel tunersJD Straplocks[/color][color=#000000]
High gloss finish[/color]
[color=#000000]Protection Racket Soft Hardcase...[/color]

[color=#000000]what a thoroughly top bloke he is! Rob told me that he's not in a position to take on any new commisions until his current batch of builds is completed, which is fair enough and understandable. I guess until then I'm just going to have to feed off your excitement...not long to wait, she'll soon be in mitts, fella! [/color]

[quote name='Scott S' timestamp='1389616220' post='2336077']
Hi Captain

I've only just noticed this thread...wow, what a process...what a bass!

I made contact with Robbie Mc just before Xmas to discuss some ideas around a custom built 6-string singlecut...
[color=#000000]

Singlecut 6 Marseer Swallowtail
Ebony BoardHoney Buckeye top with sandwich veneer of purpleheart / walnut backMaple/wenge 5 piece neck 34 scale, Slotted headstock with face burl cap.
Medium frets
Luminlay side markers
Brass nutCustom Passive Rim Pickups or Christoph Dolf , Delano etc.
Vol,Vol,tone setupHipshot Bridge in Black with Gold saddlesSperzel tunersJD Straplocks[/color][color=#000000]
High gloss finish[/color]
[color=#000000]Protection Racket Soft Hardcase...[/color]

[color=#000000]what a thoroughly top bloke he is! Rob told me that he's not in a position to take on any new commisions until his current batch of builds is completed, which is fair enough and understandable. I guess until then I'm just going to have to feed off your excitement...not long to wait, she'll soon be in mitts, fella! [/color]
[/quote]
Hi Scott
Glad you like the build!
Really like the spec for the single cut,
Quite fancy one myself sometime!
I must agree with you on the fact that Robbie is definitely a top bloke and a real pleasure to deal with.
As for the single cut all I can say is go for it you won't be disappointed

[quote name='captainhaddock' timestamp='1389651609' post='2336676']
Hi Scott
Glad you like the build!
Really like the spec for the single cut,
Quite fancy one myself sometime!
I must agree with you on the fact that Robbie is definitely a top bloke and a real pleasure to deal with.
As for the single cut all I can say is go for it you won't be disappointed
[/quote]

Yeah, mate, I am VERY tempted to go for it! The only drawback...? The bitter/sweet wait for it to be completed! Hmmmm, maybe taking up Buddhism should have been my New Year resolution instead of packing in the nicotine replacement chewing gum, lol.

[quote name='rk7' timestamp='1390985163' post='2351874']
It'll be stuck to your belt buckle! And always face North!

outstanding

RK
[/quote]

Valid point there RK!
Could always play it naked I suppose!
Anyway I spoke with Robbie tonight and he told me that he should be starting the rebuild next week to make sure that everything is as it should be before he strips it down ready to have the finish applied.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Captain,

I'm sweating for the Vanderkley Aurora amp to be released for sale. I'm having one! Its taking ages, but will be worth the wait apparently. (Bought his 2 x 12 cabinet recently).

Build diaries are slow too. I'm in the corner, rocking, ha ha.

Looking forward to the next instalment of your epic bass build.

RK