Why become a member? ×

Who Does Your Sound Check?

AndyBob09

We don't bother much these days - been doing it so long we just know. We check that Rod's vocal is overloud in his monitor and mine's underloud in mine which is how we like it then hit the bar.

If using a house PA we bully the inexperienced mercilessly or bow to the wisdom of professionals depending who we get , keeping in mind the fact that PA crew may have power but they are further down the food chain than misicians. So long as everyone understands and accepts that - no problems. If they don't - don't employ them again.

I can;t stand walking into a boozer to hear musicians dicking about playing their favourite riffs over the top of background music - unprofessional.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1343653047' post='1753109']
Soundcheck?

Most of the time when we play it's a quick line check (mainly to check there's a signal from the Theremin) and then straight into the first number.
[/quote]

We have two teachers in the band.

Soundcheck generally consists of calling the register to make sure we're all on the stage... ;)