Why become a member? ×

cheap crappy basses

ashgeezer

i bought a cheap crappy bass at christmas just gone as i wanted a precision style bass to knock about on while i was saving up for a mexican precision (cant afford a jap or a usa model just yet. :huh: .
i have now bought my precision so have decided to use the crap one to practice wiring up electrics,spraying,staining etc, doesnT sound to bad for a piece of s**t.
so far i"ve sprayed the headstock 2 different colours and the scratchplate to match (it looks weird but i like weird).
Basically i would recomend it to anyone if they want to get into learning about doing up basses or guitars, anyone else do the same thing,once i put it back together (its in pieces in my living room as we speak) i"ll try and post a pic on here but i"ve yet to get to grips with this computer lark. :)

i have yamaha bb414 which is my main bass and i bought squier precision affinity used one for 30 quid just to learn more about setting up a bass at the mo. im doing some mojo job to it haha. want to finish it to have it as a backup or maybe ( will see after modding) main bass until i will be able to afford something else.

[quote name='fifeq' post='186907' date='Apr 27 2008, 11:59 PM']i have yamaha bb414 which is my main bass and i bought squier precision affinity used one for 30 quid just to learn more about setting up a bass at the mo. im doing some mojo job to it haha. want to finish it to have it as a backup or maybe ( will see after modding) main bass until i will be able to afford something else.[/quote]
Been playing 23 years but a Yamaha BB615 (£309) surprised the hell out of me - I would happily use it on all but the most demanding situations... a fantastic bass at any price.