Why become a member? ×

SWAPSIES NS CR5M for acoustic bass guitar

geoffgascoyne

Hello Bass chatters
I have a NS CR5M and I would like to either sell it or swap it for a good acoustic bass guitar, I don't know much about these things so advice would be helpful too. My NS bass is a beautiful 5 string with a heavy duty stand and flight case so is probably worth £1500. I also have an SWR SM900 that I want to get rid of.
Best wishes
Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I'd try and be more specific if you can - I've got a lovely Martin acoustic (wanna swap,eh?), but your NS must be worth twice as much...and its at least five times more useful!

My suggestion would be look out for the Rob Allen and Rick Turner Renaissance basses - designed to be amplified, but give great acoustic sounds that are very useable. Most true acoustics have very little acoustic volume, and are then a nightmare to amplify. Depends on what you want to do obviously, but thought its worth mentioning.

Certainly.....

[attachment=113848:DSCN0887 copy.JPG][attachment=113847:DSCN0888 copy.JPG]

Send me a (PM) message if you want to know anything about it?

Edit for crap typing....sorry

Edited by BassBod

And here's the one that wouldn't work earlier...

[attachment=113876:DSCN0886 copy.JPG]

Now has D'Addario black plastic flats rather than the nasty bronze wounds that acoustics are usually fitted with. Much nicer.

Geoff,

I used to have an A5 which worked really well as an 'acoustic electric'. Mine was fretless and gave up some very nice round tones when played up from the bridge. It also had the midi system fitted although I found this less useful as there was a fair bit of lag.

Some old story, sold it now I miss it. No idea how it compares to other options but I'd certainly recommend the A5.

Happy hunting,

Andy