Why become a member? ×

PLEASE REMOVE

Skezza

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have recently completed 3 years playing bass with a functions band and decided for the moment I am going to concentrate on my 6 string duties for a while.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I may do the odd dep gig but that will not require all the gear I have got so I am having a bit of a clearout. [/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I bought this about a year ago of pete_young a fellow basschatter[/color][/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]there is some debate as to whether it is a SB 315 or a SB 425 [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have had loads of three series bass collections and they all have the same tailpiece and machine heads (by Gotoh) and the same SGC nanyo pickups and most were solid colours.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This guitar has a much more sophisticated bridge (by Gotoh- and it is the original) with the ability to adjust the spacing between each string along with the usual height and length adjustments. It also has a transluscent finish ash body as nice as you will see. Which i was led to believe were only used on the higher quality ranges[/font][/color]
I also have a black 315 and that is a jazz style with a brass nut and Ive seen a few and they were all like that[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any I have never seen another it was gigged regularly until April.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED ive just sold 2 other bass collections and am keeping (315, 310, 301)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
[url="http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/Jonnygonad/basschat%20adverts/"]http://s639.photobuc...chat%20adverts/[/url] have a look at larger pictures the body on this is fantastic

Anyhow I paid £250 for it and thats what I want these basses were over £800 in the late 80s and are of very high quality far better than their price would suggest.

I would find a case for cash

skez

Edited by Skezza

Hiya
these are excellent basses, I have a SB461 which has an Ebony fingerboard, exotic natural woods and Gotoh gold hardware.
I have the brochure that came with it at the time and the models listed are SB311, SB312, SB315, SB321, SB321MF, SB325, SB461, SB465.
Those in Red (SRD finish) are: SB311,SB312, SB315.These all have Alder bodies and black hardware.
Yours looks like an SB315,
good luck with the sale, joe

cheers joe and what you say makes sense but the very first BC i got 15 years ago has sb315 embossed on the control plate at the back and it looks like this: JAZZ with brass nut

Now I have a mate who has an identical black jazz type and his says sb 315 on the back and has the brass nut this is the one I will not sell its a star

the red one I am selling seems to have a better body and bridge

skez

Edited by Skezza

Nice bass this, in an ideal world I'd have it back, but I have an SB465 and a Yamaha TRB5P and I know it wouldn't get played.

The other interesting thing about this one is the fingerboard. I honestly can't tell whether it's rosewood or ebony. It isn't completely black, there are one or two slightly lighter streaks. If it's rosewood, it's the darkest blackest rosewood I've ever seen.

Whatever the fingerboard is made from, it's a lovely bass which sounds great, plays beautifully and at this price is a very good deal.

I bought it from psychoandy - his original for sale thread, including some better photographs, is here: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/141457-sgc-nanyo-bass-collection-5-string-sold/page__p__1273893__fromsearch__1#entry1273893

Edited by pete.young