Why become a member? ×

Status Empathy Headless 5 string

david_l_perry

[b][u]Status Empathy Headless 5 string[/u][/b]
[u][b]The very first headless arched top empathy bass made[/b][/u]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170881120628"]Status Empathy on Ebay[/url]

Up for sale is my very special Status Empathy 5 String Headless bass

This was commissioned for me and is the very first Headless arched top empathy bass

When I had the bass built I was very specific about wanting the original Empathy Headless tuning system rather than the separate units that Status use, and I also wanted the original Empathy neck.

The body shape was based upon what become the Eclipse Artiste, but at the time Rob did not do that in a headless option.

It’s a stunning bass guitar, and one I vowed I would never part company with, but sadly its simply never getting played and I could do with freeing up some funds.

It comes with the Status 300 board, hyperactive pickups, original Status case and original Status literature.

Here is the interesting bit. I asked Dawn and Rob if they could photo the bass being built. Whilst this is common enough these days with bass forums, it was a rarity back then.

I have a full set of construction photos and a numbered description of the full build that Dawn sent over so you can see each and every element of the bass being put together.

This is genuinely a completely unique Empathy – and as the documentation shows, it was the very first arched top empathy ever made.
It’s been lovingly looked after by myself, and its condition is almost as good as the day it arrived.

It has gained one very small surface mark on the inside face of the upper horn, and the end of the neck has a couple of very small marks. The pickup cover has worn slightly where I rest my thumb whilst playing, but all in all its in stunning condition.

[b]I have a buy it now figure of £1550 [/b]

I would much prefer direct bank transfer or cheque to avoid paypal fees, but if you must pay by paypal then add 4% to the final figure

I will happily ship it oversees but the fees will have to be agreed as the £20 is for UK shipping only

Dave