Why become a member? ×

Mini portable amp

Themrperson

Hi guys and I want a cheap portable amp for when I go away and I have come across some problems when trying to find one. To me at the moment I seem to have a few solutions.

1. Spend £50 on a VOX AC1RV
2. Get a headphone amp and run speakers through it
3. Buy a cheaper pocket guitar amp
4. Try and find a Ibanez GB1A mini amp which can't seem to find any where on the internet

So if you guys could think of any other solutions that would be really great and approve or disapprove the suggestions above would be great.

Thanks

Ciaran

What are you trying to do when "away"? None of the above will really be useful for reproducing bass at any sort of volume (although that really depends on the size of speakers you plug into in suggestion 2). Smallest I've seen in action is the Roland MicroBass Rx which sounds pretty good but is pricey for what it is.

If it's only for personal practice I'd use headphones myself... I did once plug direct into a set of desktop PC speakers, but it sounded like sweet FA and wouldn't go to anything louder than conversational volume without farting out.