Why become a member? ×

FT/FS: **ANY offers considered** Performance Guitars Louis Johnson Dragon Bass

chuck_stones

Following a couple of poor financial months, I'm in urgent need of money, so it's with much regret and a heavy heart that I'm offering up my Dragon bass for trade or sale;

[u][b]Trades:[/b] [/u]
Looking for a 'super' jazz type bass or another M/J pickup setup. Ideal trades would be:
Lakland
Celinder
Mayones
Windmill
Sadowsky
Sandberg
Spector
Etc...

Well, you get the idea. No Fenders please as we don't get along well, but if it looks, plays and sounds good I'll certainly consider it. I'm partial to flamed and quilted maple tops and anything that stands out a bit. 3 band EQ is a definite bonus as is a nice pre-amp. Trade value of around £1600 for my bass, so would consider something of equal or lesser value with cash my way but unfortunately no money with which to trade up.

[u][b]Sale: [/b][/u]

[b]Specs:[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Model: Dragon Bass[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Body: Alder[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Neck & Finger Board: Hard Maple / Rosewood[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Frets: Medium Stainless, 21F[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scale: 34"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nut Width Size: 1-3/4"[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pickups: Bartolini MMC in Bridge position. Bartolini Jazz in Neck position.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pre-amp: East U-Retro Deluxe[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Control: Master Volume[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]-Treble boost / cut[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]-Bass boost / cut[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]-Mid boost / cut (and variable mid sweep)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]-Ultra High boost / cut (pull / push)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]-Passive tone cut & passive bypass (push/pull)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hardware: Gold[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Finish: Tobacco sunburst satin finish[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bridge: Badass II[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Additional Info: Designed by [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Louis[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Johnson[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif], Face Jack, custom built (one of a kind), gold hardware throughout, reverse headstock. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Weighs in at around 9lbs[/font][/color]

Bass comes with hard case and certificate of authenticity. Any questions, please fire away. I'm happy to travel within an hour or two of Kent to do a swap/sale.

This is the bass: [url="http://www.performanceguitar.com/gallery/catalog.php?action=show_custom&id=148&cat=8"]http://www.performan...om&id=148&cat=8[/url]
More pictures here: [url="https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxG_g-g-TNKTazZXeElENXFlWkE"]https://docs.google....azZXeElENXFlWkE[/url]

[b]Price:[/b]
Due to need for urgent sale, I'm like a bargain [s]£1500[/s] [b]£1400 [/b]plus any delivery costs, but due to urgent need of cash, I will consider any trade/part-ex offers with cash my way.

[b]Shipping:[/b]
I'm happy to ship this anywhere in the world, as long as the buyer is happy to cover the cost of shipping and insurance; please contact me for a quote first off as it's likely to be very expensive with the hard case.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by chuck_stones

[quote name='Fianso' timestamp='1342460971' post='1735563']
"trade for a sandberg" ? Sorry dude but u should think twice !

Peace ;-)
[/quote]

How so? Sandy's are great basses; it would need to be the right one and with cash my way, but I'd still consider it :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1347894888' post='1806276']
Oh dude! If it wasn't due to buying a Fender J Deluxe lately I would have been all over this :( I really don't have the funds and I won't be able to sell the J quickly enough either.

Fantastic instrument...good luck for a speedy sale.
[/quote]

Cheers dude! Seriously by a country mile, the best bass I've ever played, bar none. Pains me to consider parting ways with it, but when needs must.... :'(

by the specs you have stated i believe you should look at a warwick streamer jazzman, it can give you a wide variety of tones even that super jazz bass tone and they are going dirt cheap at the mo for the ovonkol necked versions, i picked mine up for £590 with a very nice case

[quote name='simon bass' timestamp='1348216677' post='1810864']
by the specs you have stated i believe you should look at a warwick streamer jazzman, it can give you a wide variety of tones even that super jazz bass tone and they are going dirt cheap at the mo for the ovonkol necked versions, i picked mine up for £590 with a very nice case
[/quote]
Yeah I saw be on here a while back which looked great, sadly I no funds the either. Would be a nice option, as would a Warwick Mastermann.