Why become a member? ×

Who wants to play with my BigShot? ;)

TomWIC

Hi all,

Recently purchased a Radial BigShot i/o Instrument Selector off another Basschatter, and it's a great addition to my board. I've noticed one slight (and in the circumstances, it's pretty major actually) issue with it.

During my band's gigs, we're all over the place, in the sense that we move about a lot, jump about a lot, etc. So imagine my horror when my guitarist accidentally cuts me off somehow mid-song. After about 30 seconds of checking everything I could think of, it turns out that he had hit the Select switch on my BigShot, setting my second bass to be the active one.

Now, the BigShot is great, it really is, but the lack of any visual indicators to let me know what state it's in has me worried now. I'm thinking it could benefit from three LEDs. Two to indicate which input out of A and B is active, and one to indicate whether the Mute function is enabled.

Which begs the question, who's up to the challenge then? I would happily try it myself but I have no experience with modding pedals or the workings of pedals, so I'd be too paranoid I'd cock it up and render a great pedal completely useless.

As it is, the BigShot requires no power or battery. Looking at similar A/B switches, they only need to be powered for the LEDs to function, so it looks like it will need to become a powered pedal somehow. In addition to that, holes would have to be drilled or cut into the pedal to house the LEDs.

Anyone fancy a challenge? If so, let me know and if applicable, quote me a price! :)

I assume you have it set up like this?

You could mod it I suppose but given the time and effort to do that you would probably do better to get another pedal with the LED's already in situ...

Alternatively you could put the Big Shot in strategic position on your pedal board (away from the sides of it) so other band members would find it tricky to switch it by accident.