Why become a member? ×

NBD

clauster

Just taken delivery of a brand new Epiphione Thunderbird Pro IV in vintage sunburst.

One happy bunny here.

A quick word to anyone who's been thinking about getting one of these - Thomann are selling them at a price that, on the day I bought it least, works out to just over £215. If you want one of the other finishes you'll be waiting until late August though. I even got a Thomann gig bag in that price. Most UK dealers are knocking these out at £349.00 without the gig-bag. Massive deal.

Gotta go, only just unboxed it and I'm currently just admiring it while I type and have a coffee. Off to tune it and plug it in :D

After a 30 minute play I'm very impressed.

The neck is great. Jazz width nut but a deeper more rounded neck profile than most Fenders. It feels very natural and comfortable to my hands. The controls offer a huge range of tones (different layout to what I'd expected though). It's light(ish). I'd guess 7.5 - 8 lb. A bit neck heavy, but thanks to the strap button being at the heel there's not too much neck dive.

It does need a set up - a bit more relief in the neck as there's lots of fret buzz at the lower end and then the saddles lowering as the action is a bit high at the dusty end. No cause for complaint though as I have had to do similar with basses costing several times what I paid for this. I need to get the screwdriver out anyway as I've bought some strap locks for it.

If it works well at rehearsal on Tuesday, I can well see the new Classic Pro going on my GAS list :D

Now, where did I put that screwdriver?

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1342181998' post='1730974']
Very happy with my natural oiled version. :)
[/quote]

I can understand why. These things are great.

I've got the neck relief sorted out now (once I learnt the difference between right and left) and while the saddles could do with going down a bit I think I'll leave them a couple of days just to make sure the neck has stabilised. It sounds awesome without so much fret buzz now and I'm hoping it'll get even better with some new strings on there.

Off again to try it through some distortion :D