Why become a member? ×

Building First Proper (Tidy) Pedal Board

Johnnyc

Ok so I'm building a nice and tidy pedal board this month, gotta be small & portable, I only really use pedals that shape the tone and just leave them on most of the time. I've got a polytune, sansamp BDDI, Aguilar tone hammer & dunlop dc brick... will need space for a compressor, possibly the aggi TLC, and probably the stageclix wireless system.

So my questions:

1: just how much can I fit onto a Pedaltrain Mini? (if its too small, please recommend something usable :P )

2: Cabling: I wanna make this thing real neat and tidy; what are your cable reccomendations? Are Lava cables worth it?

Cheers guys

Johnny

That will all fit on a PT Mini, no problem.

I'd recommend [url="http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/gyc-slimline-015m-patch-cable-862-p.asp"]these[/url], great for saving space and very tidy to boot.

EDIT: Just seen they're out of stock from effectpowersupplies, but you get the idea.

Edited by cm261

I managed to get quite a lot of stuff on a Pedaltrain Mini. The new Diago cables (just added to their site) look pretty good and hopefully easier to assemble than the Lava ones. Also, you could use a Diago Micropower9 under the Pedaltrain to make more space up top if needed. You'd just need the 9-18v adaptor for the Tonehammer.
Still deciding if I'll pick up another Pedaltrain to make my set-up lighter again. Just can't fit the volume pedal on.............. :P

Edited by AndyW

Why do people bother with power bricks when the Gigrig Generator can power more pedals and it has a smaller footprint than a pack of 10 cigarettes? Granted they cost more, but so good!!

Anyway, those cables linked in earlier are amazing. When they get more in, I'll be after a few too!

Truckstop

I fit on my nano - Tuner, Fulltone Bassdrive (massive pedal) a Compressor and the sfx thumpinator. I use a diago powerstation which is fastened to the underside.

My cables are George L's [url="http://www.hotroxuk.com/guitar-accessories-links-847-0/guitar-cable-links-6145-0/george-l-cables-and-plugs-10001-0.html"]http://www.hotroxuk.com/guitar-accessories-links-847-0/guitar-cable-links-6145-0/george-l-cables-and-plugs-10001-0.html[/url]

The right angle jacks are the best, really small and means you can squeeze those pedals on, and they don't protrude out of the top either, getting knocks and bangs.

Easy too assemble aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrgh those cables from effectspowersupplies are [i]still[/i] out of stock!! I'm tempted by the Diago Patchfactory cables even though they cost more than twice as much as regular cables...

I got my Pedaltrain Mini yesterday by the way, and I've ordered the Diago Micropower9... although I got a call the day after I ordered to tell me that the 18v adapter and daisy chain were out of stock... Why not show it as out of stock on the website then!? Hate it when companies do that. Have to wait 1 - 2 weeks for it now. Any longer than that and I'm cancelling and buying elsewhere.

Added to that, my Sansamp has just turned faulty so I can't complete my board till it's fixed anyways :(

This is turning out to be more of a pain in the arse than I'd imagined!!