Why become a member? ×

Exam time again (results are in)

chilievans

[quote name='BassMan94' timestamp='1342071155' post='1728979']
Love to hear how it goes , I'll be taking a jump to grade 8 in the coming months. It's just the ear test and improvisation bits that baffle me :blink:
[/quote]

Yep that's the same for me as I'm doing grade 3 without any help .... just from the book and cd :-(. I guess concentrate on the pieces to get most of the marks and the other stuff is gravy :-)

I've never understood the grading systems for the Rockschool exams. Done my grade 6 as part of my college course and after it (after I asked if it was a pass) my tutor said "I think so". I don't think he knows either. Anybody shed some light on this?

Also, good luck to anybody taking these exams!

Edited by Cameronj279

I guess he couldn't tell you because they send the result out 2 weeks after the exam but sounds like he was giving you the heads up :-)

My 10 year old didn't have a clue with his Drums Grade 2 until the certificate came through with 81% on the marking paper.

I agree they ought to tell you there and then..... Everyone knows what the pass rates are and he knows what he's given you WTF

[quote name='Mr Fretbuzz' timestamp='1342124290' post='1730138']
I guess he couldn't tell you because they send the result out 2 weeks after the exam but sounds like he was giving you the heads up :-)

My 10 year old didn't have a clue with his Drums Grade 2 until the certificate came through with 81% on the marking paper.

I agree they ought to tell you there and then..... Everyone knows what the pass rates are and he knows what he's given you WTF
[/quote]

I have a small inclination that he just said that to annoy me...he never liked me :angry:

[quote name='Phantomnin' timestamp='1342207564' post='1731829']
I loved the Old grade 5...I still play all funked up sometimes.
I did the P.M. Rockabilly number and the Metallica style metal one.
I got a merit.
[/quote]
Cool. I'm playing sidewinder (metallica type), all funked up and x blues 3

[quote name='chilievans' timestamp='1342983607' post='1743461']
I scored a 72 which considering my mistakes was not bad at all.
Happy days.
Grade 6 here I come
[/quote]

So what does that come under ? Pass, merit, distinction, or is it not graded like that all ?