Why become a member? ×

SOLD pending..2 Sets of Thomastik AB344 Acoustic Bass Strings (BG)

These recently came with a Turner/Renaissance acoustic bass - great strings, but I've tried them before on an acoustic bass and they are just too light for me. I play double bass with a medium action, and they are just too easy!

Designed in part by Rick Turner, these are intended to give a superb acoustic sound when amplified with a piezo pickup - they won't work with magnetic pickups, as they have a nylon core. The gauges are odd and light..but they only make the one set. The sound is a bit like a giant classical guitar - lovely, warm but not acoustically loud.

You may have to adjust your set up - they are light gauge and low tension. I superglued a 3mm veneer shim under the saddle on my acoustic BG to try them out, and that worked well...and was easily reversible.

These are used, and have been on a 2/2 headstock, 34" scale - but both sets are still shiny bronze, so they are a long way from dead.

These go for £30 plus per set new, so I'm putting these two used sets up for £25 posted - if you've ever been tempted to try them out here's a chance?

Edit for clarity - thats £25 for both sets...no point in me keeping them, I won't use them.

Edited by BassBod