Why become a member? ×

Bass line help needed please

HarryPotter

Hi mate. I heard that number on the radio last week and really enjoyed it.

Haven't played it yet though, will download it and have a go.

Not going to be of much help to you at the moment though, sorry.

I'm away for a few days, but will try next week and get back to you, if no one else has responded.

All the best Gary.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wanted to bump your post up, so that someone else might be able to help.

I have somehow managed to trap a nerve in my shoulder, which gives my fretting hand and arm major grief within seconds of trying to play.
So no practice, rehearsing or learning new numbers for the immediate future. :)

I couldn't resist a quick jam along for you:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opISPvcdoAI"]The Night [/url]

I did not try to learn the verse - some of my passing notes are very dodgy - if I played it right it should have been Fm/Bb/Gm/Cm sequence, I think :)

[quote name='Lo.' post='200829' date='May 17 2008, 12:20 AM']I couldn't resist a quick jam along for you:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opISPvcdoAI"]The Night [/url]

I did not try to learn the verse - some of my passing notes are very dodgy - if I played it right it should have been Fm/Bb/Gm/Cm sequence, I think :)[/quote]

Really nice job, Lo. You didn't happen to transcribe it while you were at it, did you?

[quote name='stevie' post='202458' date='May 19 2008, 09:59 PM']Really nice job, Lo. You didn't happen to transcribe it while you were at it, did you?[/quote]

Thanks - it was a quick take and I didn't have time to learn the verse, but I hope it helps.

Sorry - I don't write stuff down, and just learn it by ear. Is it too difficult to see the notes on my vid, or is it just too fast or something? Heh, unless you were getting paid a lot of cash to get it spot on, I wouldn't try to learn the verse note for note, but the intro riff and chorus are worth tryin to pick up accurately.

Edited by Lo.

[quote name='Lo.' post='202529' date='May 19 2008, 11:53 PM']Thanks - it was a quick take and I didn't have time to learn the verse, but I hope it helps.

Sorry - I don't write stuff down, and just learn it by ear. Is it too difficult to see the notes on my vid, or is it just too fast or something? Heh, unless you were getting paid a lot of cash to get it spot on, I wouldn't try to learn the verse note for note, but the intro riff and chorus are worth tryin to pick up accurately.[/quote]

No, it's clear enough - it's just that I would find it much easier to figure out if I had the dots as well.

Just discovered your contributions to YouTube - wow! I am starting to work my way the the Jamerson book and will be paying you a regular visit on there from now on :)

This particular track certainly has a Jamerson flavour. I tried to find out by googling "Frankie Valli" "James Jamerson" (both in quotes). Guess what? Your YouTube video comes in at number 1! (Fame at last!).

• 2 weeks later...