Why become a member? ×

SOLD

felpsy

Owned from new. Very good condition and been kept in the original tin when not in use, comes with all instructions.

Looking for £100 inc. delivery or £95 collected from Bristol area.

Edited by felpsy

Not sure mate, from what I can find on them they look like they enhance and colour an amps sound? i've just got myself a killer head with an already killer tone, and im just looking for some drive for the odd song, I dont really want the tone coloured.

its pretty good for sitting in front of my amp and dialling in either a fat valve sound or a full on distortion, its pretty transparent tonally but being a real valve, it also can be set to break up nicely when I dig in

I've got it in front of a LM III and it lets me get most everything I need... I've just got two, which is a bit of overkill :)

changing the valve makes a nice difference in the distortion, I've got an ecc82 in one (which is low distortion) and an ecc83 in the other, I'd say switching it in for a bit of dirt would be an ideal setup

Think I'll pass thanks Gary.
Reason being, ive just got an Ashdown abm evo with a built in real valve drive so what you're offering sounds pretty similar to whats already available to me, plus im not after a valvey sound from an 'always on' pedal. I can get pretty close to that already with the vt. Im just something I can kick on and off that's gonna give me distortion mid song if necessary and still sound like my ashdown head.
cheers though bud

no worries :)

tell you what you may want to try though, changing the valve in your ashdown...

I don't know what they have as stock, but using either a 5751, an ecc82 or a different make ecc83 makes a huge difference

the 82's are a lower distortion, but a nice vintage mullard (if you can get one for a good price, watch out for the chinese reissues) was like someone had taken a blanket out of the speaker :)

... it can get a bit addictive though