Why become a member? ×

Telecaster/Esquire Relic Project

[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bought this as a back up geetar in the band, not seeing much use these days - [/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Original advert - [/font][/size]

[color=#000000]Here I have for sale my latest tele meadium/heavy relic project. It is finished in Fiesta Red. It has a vintage Fender Spaghetti logo applied.[/color]

[color=#000000]I have relic'd it by adding wear to the usual places. It is fitted with a single ply black guard. The hardware is nicely aged using a reverse plating process. As you can see the guitar also has vintage style 3 saddle top loader ashtray bridge, which, as I have said is aged and looks great. I have added a Fender Custom Shop logo to the back of the headstock. [/color]

[color=#000000]It has a maple neck with added finger wear and it is very comfortable to play having a great low action. I have set the guitar up by, adjusting the truss rod, action and intonation. Machine heads are modern fully enclosed Gotoh style and are tight and smooth in operation.[/color]

[color=#000000]I have fitted a genuine Fender Tex Mex Special pickup to the bridge. This is the hotter option when you buy a new Mexican Fender and I had it sent from the States. It is much more like a P90 in construction being overwound and having double magnets with the pole pieces running in between. It measures around 10.5k ohms on my meter so it is a hot one and really sings when cranked up. It is also scatter wound to maintain strong trebles.[/color]

[color=#000000]It is wired like a 1950's Esquire:[/color]

[color=#000000]Switch in rear position - Fixed treble with no tone control[/color]
[color=#000000]Switch in middle position - Full tone control[/color]
[color=#000000]Switch in front position - Fixed bass with no tone control[/color]

[color=#000000]The guitar body is solid wood and is no back breaker.[/color]

[color=#000000]Sounds fantastic through my modded valve amp, nice and comfortable to play. [/color]

[color=#000000]A real tone machine with plenty of bite and grunt. [/color]

[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Great wee guitar, tons of tone. [/color][color=#000000]Looking for [s]£175[/s] £140. Paypal (gift) or Bank transfer please. Guitar in Glasgow if you want to try it out.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Cheers.[/color][/font][/size]

[attachment=112393:$(KGrHqF,!gsE+NC))rm1BP2F(oEIB!~~60_12.jpg][attachment=112394:$(KGrHqV,!l0E+GVJZSTSBP2F(93+Y!~~60_12.jpg][attachment=112395:$(KGrHqV,!nsE-)ZM2BkuBP2FYBZ66w~~60_12.jpg][attachment=112396:$(KGrHqJ,!iQE-bl!ighlBP2F(th7nw~~60_12.jpg]

Edited by Me And My Bass

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1341778849' post='1724104']
What's the history on the body & neck, origin etc? The headstock appears to have a bit of funky shaping going on.
[/quote]
Agreed, I like this guitar a lot but the headstock looks a bit munchy. Maybe carved from a strat or something. What's the deal?

• 6 months later...