Why become a member? ×

EBS recone/replace/repair

ardi100

My basterd drummer's hihat stand managed to penetrate the grill of my cabinet and punch a small hole in the outside edge of the cone. There is probably some cctv footage of me quietly weeping after discovering this while unloading the car, however, it made no appreciable difference to the sound straight away, but I imagine it will.

I've had one suggestion to patch it with epoxy resin and I've contacted EBS who put me in touch with their distributor (in Brighton). I'm wondering whether to repair the hole, recone the speaker or replace it and how much it could be. Also, does anyone know of a suitable place to do this in London (preferably SE)?

Oh yeah, the cab is an EBS 300 15".

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='185510' date='Apr 25 2008, 06:58 PM']GB Guitars are the distributer for EBS amps and the builders of GB basses - [url="http://www.gbguitars.co.uk/"]see here[/url].

I went to buy some cabs and ended up with these:[/quote]

Ahh, I see.

Actually just had an email from him and it looks like it can be repaired easily. Thanks for the tips.

No fear of me coming home with any 'extra' bass - might just about be able to afford the fuel to get there!