Why become a member? ×

Shine 4-string Active - Worthing, West Sussex

Cornfedapache

[size=3]Hi all[/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The time has come (the Walrus said) to sell my Shine Bass. I bought it 4 years ago for the princely sum of £300 (new), played with a band, band broke up, life got in the way etc etc.[/font][/size]

[color=#000000]
[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The ONLY marks on the guitar are some light scratches on the big black plate on the back - most likely caused by my jeans' button. These aren't all that visible and don't detract from the overall excellent condition that the guitar is in. If you were really that concerned, you could replace the plate. To be honest, I only notice the marks in a certain light at a certain angle.[/font][/size][/color][color=#000000]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]And unless you've got the lead guitarist writhing on the floor staring up at your crotch while you crank out some decent prog (because, after all, that's what you should be playing. Right?), no one else is even going to see them.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000]
[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The fretwork and chromework are in excellent condition. The neck is straight as a die and all of the wood is, I would say, in original condition. IE no marks, dents, scratches, scrapes or anything else.[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000]
[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The switches and faders all work as they should. [/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000]
[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]This item is pick up only and will be supplied with shoulder strap and in a guitar bag for ease of carrying. The bag's not wonderful, but it zips, has handles etc.[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#000000]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]It's a shame to be selling, but as I really don't play it anymore through lack of time, I'd rather someone else made use of it.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Price. Ah, the golden question.[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Given the pretty much as new quality, I would like to get something in the order of £150 for it. [/size][/font][/color][color=#000000]
via[/color]
[color=#000000]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]So, over to you! I can be reached by DM or email - [email protected].[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Test playing is welcomed, of course![/size][/font][/color][color=#000000]
[attachment=112185:IMAG1087.jpg][/color][color=#000000]
[attachment=112186:IMAG1088.jpg][/color][color=#000000]
[attachment=112187:IMAG1092.jpg][/color]

For anyone who's umm-Ing and ahh-Ing about this bass... Shines are criminally underrated pieces of equipment. They play comfortably, sound great, and this one most definitely looks the part! Looks like build quality has massively improved since I bought my Shine about 7 years ago! I expect this will be something of a massive bargain :)