Why become a member? ×

Dingwall Combustion 1

Lonnystingray

I have been a long time reader, but I never registered before. If you need any feedback on me, I am listed on Talkbass and Ebay with the same username: Lonnystingray.

Allright, this may sound a bit odd, but I can't get used to the (lack of) weight on my Dingwall. I am used to heavier basses, and this Dingwall weighs only 3.7 kg on my bathroom scale, with which I just cannot really get accompanied to.

Specs:
Dingwall Combustion 5 string (first version, without the boost. I don't have any differece in volume between the B or any other string however, the B string honestly thunders through..)
Maple neck
Blonde finish (see-through white white)
Baltic Amber pickguard

Don't get me wrong, this bass kills if you are looking for tone. Not only the low B, but all notes on all strings sounds 'better' compared to one of my other basses. Sheldon Dingwall trully designs and makes great basses, and mine feels very, very high end. The only reason I am considering parting with it is because of the weight.

[b]€ 1.000,- [/b]contact me through PM or via [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

In Europe these sell new for around € 1.500,-, which makes this a great deal for a as-good-as-new bass. Not a single ding! Shipping this bass should be a breeze, as I work for the European distribution center of Fenderthe bass will be packed professionally.

[attachment=112078:dsc2699.jpg]

[attachment=112079:IMG_0285.JPG]

Edited by Lonnystingray

Thanks Rich, it's indeed a beauty.. Oddly enough, when everybody is looking for the lightest possible bass, I just can't get used to this bass. I'd rather take my StingRay or even my Jazz instead. I am now saving for a Lakland fiver, which surely will have a lot more weight..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...