Why become a member? ×

Presto Nylons

BobVbass

So I'm getting rid of the weedwackers I bought the other week and I'm going to get myself some Presto Nylons but I don't know what gauge to get?

I used to play Thomastik Weichs which are obviously light, the weekwackers are god alone knows.

Prestos I should think Light or ultra light? I play mainly 50's RnR, bit of slap, bit of jazz and mainly pizz - what do you think?

[quote name='bob_pickard' timestamp='1341080161' post='1713683']
Thanks Iain, much appreciated. I've always wanted to visit Orkney - anywhere that had a ruler called Thorfinn Ravenfeeder must be a great place to hang out :)
[/quote]

I know him as Thorfinn Skullsplitter.Drinks in the same pub as me sometimes!

I had the Presto Lights - nice strings, not dissimilar to Silver Slaps (which I prefer), just slightly high tension. Very rootsy and slappable but with a metal core so they can be used with a mag pickup (unlike SIlver Slaps) I am guessing the Ultra Lights would be near-identical in tension (and maybe even lower tension) than Silver Slaps but I couldn't speak for the tone.

[quote name='bob_pickard' timestamp='1341071100' post='1713514']
So I'm getting rid of the weedwackers I bought the other week and I'm going to get myself some Presto Nylons but I don't know what gauge to get?

I used to play Thomastik Weichs which are obviously light, the weekwackers are god alone knows.

Prestos I should think Light or ultra light? I play mainly 50's RnR, bit of slap, bit of jazz and mainly pizz - what do you think?
[/quote]

Golihur website definitely says the lights are the way to go. Ultralights only really for the committed slapper, mediums kinda defeat the object. Seems to me that you and me are in a similar string journey, I have the metal core weed whackers on at mo but thinking about an upgrade. Would be interested in how you get on with the presto nylons. Have you considered the jazzicatos? I mostly like the name but reckon the spec sounds pretty good. Btw cheapest price I have found is on thomann.