Why become a member? ×

Any RATM fans near Inverness on Friday 22nd?

mcnach

If so... come along to Mad Hatters, where Radge Against The Machine will be playing. :)
It's the first time we play there, and I wonder if there are any other BCers in the area who might be coming. If you are, and you do, make yourselves known... it's always good to meet other forum inhabitants while out of town

Heh, Mad Hatters is ace, really enjoyed it when we played there back in April. Just mind out for that curfew - I got shut out of the place when I nipped outside to phone my wife after the gig and had to ask very nicely to be allowed back in to get my stuff ;)

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1340094685' post='1698866']
Heh, Mad Hatters is ace, really enjoyed it when we played there back in April. Just mind out for that curfew - I got shut out of the place when I nipped outside to phone my wife after the gig and had to ask very nicely to be allowed back in to get my stuff ;)
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip :)

I have never been there, but I hear good things about it. Pretty much everyone who knows it thinks it should be a good gig to play.

We decided we don't want to drive back after the gig, so we can drink and relax, so we are staying at a nearby hostel, one room for teh four of us (well, we don't want to spend all our fee in petrol and accommodation, eh? :lol:)
Looking forward to it! I hope the weather helps a bit.

So, not fancy a trip from Aberdeen? :P

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1340129694' post='1699697']
I'd love to, but I have a gig on Saturday afternoon at still to be decided time. Have a good one!
[/quote]

pah, excuses! :P

thank you, you too!

We also have a gig on saturday, back in Edinburgh [1]... still unclear when. All I know is at a forest near Bilston, site of a famous protest against a proposed road project... 10 years ago! It seems there's people still there today, living in tree houses and the lot. After a recent gig someone approached us asking whether we'd be willing to join their 10th anniversary party in the forest. They are providing all equipment etc, so we figured it could be fun. :lol:

[1] this will be with another band, Sea bass Kid... but 75% of RATM are in SBK, so it's really all the same people, we just change jackets :P