Why become a member? ×

looking for a reverb!

0175westwood29

i love reverb! and im looking at a few pedals can't afford my first choice the eventide space, but ideally i would like something with presets so i can change the verb. so unless you guys can think of any others im looking at the tc nova reverb, the markbass reverbero or possibly just getting a mutli effect that has banks but i doubt the reverbs will be as good as on the reverb only pedals!?

i know that tc have some pedigree with this type of sound but the downside is that you only have 2 presets? compared to 10 on the markbass and probs alot more on lets say an me-50b.

also i really like the modulation that you can add on the tc which you can't do on the others!

just looking for ppl who have these pedals and what do you think of them.

thanks

andy

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1340034642' post='1697987']
Iron Ether Nimbus. Do not pass go, do not collect £200.... though obviously it lacks presets.

The Eventide Space has to be the ultimate choice!
[/quote]

nimbus is nice! but its nearly the price of the tc.

i know iif i had 350/400 quid id nab the space without thinking about it! but it would have to a really cheap secondhand for me to afford one atm min!

how much can you change the markbass reverb can it get really weird like the space? i know the space also has delay and modulation even distortion.

andy

Is it a specific reverb style/sound you're after or just as much variety as you can get? Personally I use the Hall Of Fame which is very popular and I love, personally I don't feel it can be beaten for the price. No presets but a huge range of sounds can be made with it.

[quote name='simwells' timestamp='1340040758' post='1698148']
Is it a specific reverb style/sound you're after or just as much variety as you can get? Personally I use the Hall Of Fame which is very popular and I love, personally I don't feel it can be beaten for the price. No presets but a huge range of sounds can be made with it.
[/quote]

i want a lot of dif reverbs, from wacky to norm, the hall of fame is good but i dnt wanna be going down and changing setting during a gig! and i do want to go from the extreme to subtle reverb.

so presets would be nice!

Can your budget stretch to a used Line6 M9? Tons of reverb sounds, and definitely has the wacky, ambient out-there bases covered. Guitarist I know uses one for all of his 'verb effects and gets some amazing results. Obviously, it does tons of other stuff too, so will find multiple uses if you're an effects-heavy player.

If they're too far out of your budget, the M5 has (as far as I know) all of the same effects on board, just in a much smaller footprint and is less easy to hop through presets on the fly.

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1340066473' post='1698722']
Can your budget stretch to a used Line6 M9? Tons of reverb sounds, and definitely has the wacky, ambient out-there bases covered. Guitarist I know uses one for all of his 'verb effects and gets some amazing results. Obviously, it does tons of other stuff too, so will find multiple uses if you're an effects-heavy player.

If they're too far out of your budget, the M5 has (as far as I know) all of the same effects on board, just in a much smaller footprint and is less easy to hop through presets on the fly.
[/quote]

im not sure what the m9's are going for now second hand?

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1340207815' post='1701089']
how are you swtiching them from the floor?

sperate swticher?[/quote]

There's a jack socket at the back of lots of units like this where you whack in a piano sustain pedal to turn it on-off. Usually labelled "Defeat" or "Bypass". See manual:

[b][b][url="http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Alesis/MicroSeries_Manual.pdf"]http://www.synthfool...ries_Manual.pdf[/url][/b][/b]

Personally I use a Boss SE-50 for my reverb / chorus-reverb stuff. Remotely controllable on/off, have plugged in two other footswitches to toggle up and down the presets. Also does MIDI and is fully stereo. Sounds incredible. Got it last year for £35. Bargain ;)

Edited by RandomProddy

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1340219915' post='1701374']
Used M9s are around £200, I got mine in mint condition for 220 posted.
[/quote]

Really? Christ - maybe it's time for me to sell some pedals! I could probably offload all the stuff it would replace and have nearly enough to grab one at that price. Food for thought!

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1340211099' post='1701180']
no presets so there out

even if the are nice!

andy
[/quote]

If you could live with two presets - a subtle reverb for general use and a great big huge long one (for example) - you could pick up a used 'big box' Holy Grail and mod it. Came across a pretty cool and simple mod, just need to add a second pot, LED and footswitch and you can set two different reverb times and stomp between them. Probably less than a tenners worth of parts and I just missed a big box Grail on eBay for about 55 quid so a good low budget option.