Why become a member? ×

FS: Custom P bass - £150 or £100 for loaded body

TPTroll

Up for sale is a customised P-bass, built by mine own fair hands. It was my main bass, but has fallen out of use and it's too nice to just be a 2nd bass.

Alder body, rosewood fretboard with maple neck. Pearloid inlays (not stickers). 3 ply white pearloid pickguard. All stained walnut with a satin nitro finish. Wilkinson pups (was going for a standard trad p-bass sound, which these do really well), brass wilkinson bridge under the cover. As you'll see, I've gone for a rough sort of look, scratches and different depth of stain, just something a bit more interesting than the 'reliced' look.

The neck is a jazz profile, thin and very smooth/fast playing. Holds a good low action and stays in tune well.

Currently strung with rotosound flatwounds.

Add a high level set of pickups, and you've got a brilliant bass. Really enjoyable to play.

Obviously have spent a bit of time on this, so not looking to sell unless I get a good price.

Based in Herts/London.

Edited by TPTroll

It's a walnut stain, diluted slightly and then once dried a satin nitro finish. I was going for a Gibson SG Studio/Harrison Rosewood tele look.

I'm currently doing a tele in the same colours as this, which I'll have up for sale in a week or so too.

Edited by TPTroll

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

I may be open to parting this out too. If anyone wants the loaded body, so everything minus the neck, they can have it for £150 ono inc postage. If I can't sell the whole thing I might use the neck elsewhere, but don't need another P so the body can go.
Thanks

Now on Ebay with buy it now or best offer on it. All offers considered.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280916613830"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280916613830[/url]

Thanks!