Why become a member? ×

Who's got, or has owned, the Precision with Moses graphite neck?

Beedster

There was such a beast sold on here about a year back if I remember correctly. I was wondering what it is like tonally in comparison to the normal Precision sound (I'm wanting something graphite again and I have a couple of options, one of which is buying a Status graphite Precision neck).
Chris

Was it fiesta red?

If so it was a Greek guy who was trying to raise funds for a (I think) Rickenbacker.

I tried to buy it but for some reason he ceased contact during the deal. Can't think of his username at the Mo. I'll try and forget it then it'll come to me while I'm having my tea or something.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='181941' date='Apr 21 2008, 04:12 PM']Was it fiesta red?

If so it was a Greek guy who was trying to raise funds for a (I think) Rickenbacker.

I tried to buy it but for some reason he ceased contact during the deal. Can't think of his username at the Mo. I'll try and forget it then it'll come to me while I'm having my tea or something.[/quote]

I can't remember Dave, I know it did the rounds for a while and at what appeared to be a very low price, which suggests it wasn't really a great bass. I'd like to give graphite a go on a Precision but would like to try - or at least get some feedback - first (I might even buy the thing if it's available and if I wasn't treading on your toes :) )
Chris

I can't remember now if it was a Jazz or a Precision , I was just interested in the graphite neck. Now I think of it wasn't there a blue one going too , maybe not quite so long back.

I've since bought another Status so I wouldn't be in the market now anyway.

In the address book for my old email there's a Greek guy's email address. I don't like giving folks emails out but if you like I'll pass a message on for him to have a look at this thread.
Course it might be a bloke I met on holiday or something but could be worth a try.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='182129' date='Apr 21 2008, 07:20 PM']I can't remember now if it was a Jazz or a Precision , I was just interested in the graphite neck. Now I think of it wasn't there a blue one going too , maybe not quite so long back.

In the address book for my old email there's a Greek guy's email address. I don't like giving folks emails out but if you like I'll pass a message on for him to have a look at this thread.
Course it might be a bloke I met on holiday or something but could be worth a try.[/quote]

Lovely Doc, thanks
I need a blue/red Jazz/Precision with a graphite neck :)
Chris

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='182129' date='Apr 21 2008, 07:20 PM']I can't remember now if it was a Jazz or a Precision , I was just interested in the graphite neck. Now I think of it wasn't there a blue one going too , maybe not quite so long back.

Course it might be a bloke I met on holiday or something but could be worth a try.[/quote]

Lovely Doc, thanks
I need a blue/red Jazz/Precision with a graphite neck :)

That's my attempt at humour, it has to be a Precision

Chris

Lovely Doc, thanks, that would e appreciated.

So, to recap, I need a blue/red Jazz/Precision with a graphite neck :) (that's my poor attempt at humour, it has to be a Precision)

Chris

Chris,

If you do end up getting a graphite neck for your P-bass, let me know how you get on with it. I'm thinking about a Status unlined fretless P-bass neck for my Jazz

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13885"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13885[/url]

However I do rather like the Japanese fretless P-bass neck that's on it at the moment and am contemplating a polymer coating for the fingerboard.

Would be rather extravagant to have two fretless necks for one bass - a little devil pops out of my head every once in a while and says - "do it, do it" mind.........

We'll see - £340 is a lot for a neck - that's the price plus VAT and shipping for the Status graphite neck.

Bill