Why become a member? ×

Where could I have this "thumbrest" made?

mcnach

This one is made of some sort of metal. Probably not "made" as such, but rather a piece of metal that the previous owner of one of my OLPs saw and thought "hey, I can use that!". He used it as a thumbrest at the P position in the OLP. Whilst if I rest my thumb, I tend to like going closer to the bridge, around the MM or even bridge J position.

I put this one on a P-bass a while ago, and I really like playing using it, on P-basses.
It's merely attached with double-sided tape (thanks apa! :)), it holds really well and leaves *no* residue afterwards. (Edit: I left the "no" out before, woops!)

The problem is, I only have this one. I would like 2-3 more. Metal like this one works well. Wood would do too. My woodworking skills are too poor... does anybody know where I could get this thing replicated? or maybe even someone here can?

Edited by mcnach

If Rich doesnt then pop it in the post and Ill have a few made for you Jose :D (Im being serious btw)

Erm hows that piece of ebony doing these days? :D

A

Oh and dont you mean "leaves NO residue"!!

Edited by apa

INdeed! I just edited it.. it does NOT leave any residue. Thank you! :) :)

That piece of ebony... is HARD!
That's all I can say.
In fact I thought of trying to use it for this (since it was meant to make a thumbrest to start with, just a simpler style one)... but I started playing with another lump of wood and the results were pretty disappointing so I'm not destroying that lovely wood you gave me :blink: erm, you know what I mean! :blush:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1338679848' post='1678087']
INdeed! I just edited it.. it does NOT leave any residue. Thank you! :) :)

That piece of ebony... is HARD!
That's all I can say.
In fact I thought of trying to use it for this (since it was meant to make a thumbrest to start with, just a simpler style one)... but I started playing with another lump of wood and the results were pretty disappointing so I'm not destroying that lovely wood you gave me :blink: erm, you know what I mean! :blush:
[/quote]

What goes on in Basschat stays in Basschat ;)

A