Why become a member? ×

Have I priced this right??

Schnozzalee

Afternoon Guys & Girls!

I have an Immaculate 2011 Surf Green Fender American Vintage '57 Stratocaster which i've been unable to sell for £1k and has had minimal interest apart from if I px upward, ALTHOUGH, I haven't advertised it on Ebay yet

I sold an Immaculate 2011 3 Tone Sunburst Fender American Vintage '62 Telecaster Custom almost immediately with half a dozen cash buyers in reserve!! One driving up from Kent even. There is a slight difference in their store pricings but there's no difference in quality between the guitars so I'm unsure what i'm doing wrong??

Please voice your opinions, it'll help me out a lot

Surf green is a much more niche finish than sunburst, and teles seem to be very fashionable at the moment. So I'd expect the Strat to take longer to sell, but I think you should manage to get your price - it doesn't seem unreasonable.

I agree. There is somebody out there who is willing to pay top dollar for a surf green strat (as I would for a surf green Jazz) you just haven't connected with them yet.

Sunburst is for the more conventional type of person and there's lots of them out there.

Thanks guys! Yeah I think 2 Tone Sunburst is going to be the most sought after also, IMO surf green trumps black, white and even candy apple red, BUT, there's many people loving the black black pickguard maple option so then again...ah welly, maybe Ebays my best chance to find a buyer as i've noticed surf green and black ones don't come up much

Edited by Schnozzalee