Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro ll ZZB Deluxe Bass. Bit of a rare beastie in need of TLC. **SOLD**

phsycoandy

[size=4][font=Arial]This is no oil painting! It has numerous scratches & dings all over really, some have been penned out. There are 3 of the 8 fixing screws missing which hold the pickups. Two of the tuners have been changed to the correct Gotoh tuners but they do not have the little Aria sticker on them.[/font][/size]

[size=4]Having said all that this thing plays huge, the sound is as you would expect, and there is great output from both pickups. The tone and volume controls all work as does the 3 way selector switch.

[color=#000000][font=Times][font=Arial]The neck is straight and quite slim, there is a ding half way up on the rear and there are some small dings along the edge of the neck, none of these are drastic or affect her playability.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Times][font=Arial]The bridge is good and solid though the gold laquer has faded.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Times][font=Arial]These were made from 1982-87 and this one is BT which means Black with Thunderbolt.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Times][font=Arial]The case is not included, was just used for the pictures.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Times][font=Arial]This could be the start of a project to restore or just use it as is in your metal grundge band and not worry if it gets any more dings![/font][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Times][b][font=Arial]SOLD[/font][/b][/font][/color][/size]

[color=#000000][font=Times][size=1][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Times][size=1][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by phsycoandy

Oh man, I had the ZZB-Custom (the half-black, half-white one) when these first came out, and I was hair-metaltastic. I cut up various widths of insulation tape, put black on the white half and white on the black half a la EVH. Despite the overall length, they're medium scale IIRC, and very easy to play.

I'm sooooo tempted by this, purely for the nostalgia value...

Rick Mayall used one of the Customs like mine in the Spinal Tap video for Warriors of Genghis Khan, although he was using it upside-down left-handed...yes, they are VERY metal \m/ \m/ :D

Edited by Muzz