Why become a member? ×

something I don't see every day

Now here's a blast from the past.

A Rosetti Bass 9. Possibly from someone's uncle's attic :)

Pretty :)

[url="http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/105648459"]http://www.preloved..../show/105648459[/url]

Edited by alyctes

Oddly enough, I do see one of those everyday. Well, almost. :)

I bought an Egmond B2 off Dangerboy on here a while back, but always hankered after a B2V like the Rosetti in the ad (Egmond made the Rosetti Bass 9). Someone was parting out a B2V just before Xmas so I bought the body to match up with the neck from the B2.

What the photos don't show is that the vinyl is embossed with fine lines, and it changes hue as you turn it. Very Spangley! :)

Edited by Musky

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1336694684' post='1649774']
Title edited for accuracy :)

What's it like to play, if I may ask?
[/quote]
:lol:

It plays quite strangely really. The neck feels like the thinnest I've ever played, but actually measures 40mm at the nut. When you pick it up the E string side of the neck feels quite flat-ish - if it was a more upmarket manufacturer you'd probably say it was an 'asymetrical' neck :lol:. Having said that, it's actually really comfortable to play with a nice action. It was tuned to fifths, 120 - 30 strings when I bought it and it handled that without any problems - I actually left it like that for a while.

Biggest bugbear for me is the fact that the bridge is positioned closer to the pickups than you'd usually expect on a bass - it's more like a guitar in that respect. As a result the bass is the size you'd expect on a full scale bass, despite it being short scale, so the neck is moved to the left. I found it a bit tricky hitting the right notes when changing position, something you get used to but it has put me off using it live. Probably should spend some more practice time with it.

Ed Friedland has had one of these for years - he calls it the Fabulous Egmond!

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1336720470' post='1649852']
:lol:

It plays quite strangely really. The neck feels like the thinnest I've ever played, but actually measures 40mm at the nut. When you pick it up the E string side of the neck feels quite flat-ish - if it was a more upmarket manufacturer you'd probably say it was an 'asymetrical' neck :lol:. Having said that, it's actually really comfortable to play with a nice action. It was tuned to fifths, 120 - 30 strings when I bought it and it handled that without any problems - I actually left it like that for a while.

Biggest bugbear for me is the fact that the bridge is positioned closer to the pickups than you'd usually expect on a bass - it's more like a guitar in that respect. As a result the bass is the size you'd expect on a full scale bass, despite it being short scale, so the neck is moved to the left. I found it a bit tricky hitting the right notes when changing position, something you get used to but it has put me off using it live. Probably should spend some more practice time with it.

Ed Friedland has had one of these for years - he calls it the Fabulous Egmond!
[/quote]

Wow. Sounds like a strange beast, especially the way it was strung. Sadly, I've been corrupted by bass guitars and cannot now play my cello if it's tuned in fifths... my left hand just won't do fifths any more.