Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection Speakeasy 4 wiring

drdanny

I have been handed a Bass Collection Speakeasy 4 and am having difficult finding a wiring diagram for it ... please help if you can!

The wire marked with the red X comes from the bridge pick up ... i assume this is the -

The one marked with the yellow X comes from the active wire box thing ...
it is NOT the red wire that leads to the battery ... the one leading to the battery is
actually the brown one later coupled with a red one ...

can anyone give me any clues on where they go?

Many thanks,
Danny

So volume - blend - bass - treble?

You should be able to deduct most of it. The wires from the pickups are going to go to the blend pot. You'll have three wires coming from the jack, one to the battery, one to the volume pot and one to earth. Check them for a start and then let us know what's left.

im struggling to find anything missing ...
the 2 pots i am unsure of both have 'midway' positions ... will that help identify what they are?
I admit im a total novice when it comes to active stuff ... the 'middle' pot i assume to be the tone
because it has a capacitor ...

re the 3 wires coming from the jack - a black one goes to the battery - two more then run to a pot i thought was the tone but applying your info must be the volume (a bare one goes to the back of the pot and a white one goes to the middle of the 3 prongs) ...

does this help matters at all?
v grateful for any help!

Have a look at this, it's for a Bartolini preamp but should be very similar to what you're looking for

The other wires from the pickups aren't mentioned but they'd be soldered to one of the pots and routed to earth

Don't get too caught up on the colours from the preamp to the bass and treble pots, yours probably has different colours

Edited by Doctor J

Unless I am misreading it, what is in the guitar is different from doctor j's diagram ...

going from right to left:
the white, grey and purple wires go to a pot (bass or treble - cant really tell which)
and the blue, green and yellow go to another ...

the orange and black go to the blend control ...

the brown is shrink tubed to connect with the red that goes to the battery ...

and the red is the loose one ... any ideas where this should go?

i am confused because the blend has only one wire going to it on doctor j's diagram and
already has 2 one mine ...

incidentally, the wires going to each component are bound together
(ie everything going to the blend is attached, everything going to the bass is attached etc) ...
the brown (battery) and rogue red are attached ... is it meant for something near the battery?
cant see anything obvious ...

[quote name='drdanny' timestamp='1336317617' post='1643910']
i am confused because the blend has only one wire going to it on doctor j's diagram and
already has 2 one mine ...

[/quote]

Um, the blend in Dr J's diagram has 4 wires going to it - one to the front pickup one to the back pickup, an earth to the volume control and a yellow one going to the pre-amp.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1336323700' post='1644027']
Um, the blend in Dr J's diagram has 4 wires going to it - one to the front pickup one to the back pickup, an earth to the volume control and a yellow one going to the pre-amp.
[/quote]
sorry, i meant only one from the preamp...