Why become a member? ×

sold :)

dr Szelma

I'm still a bit confused. If they are average bass guitars worth say £100-£150 each on a good day why are they being bigged up by the good Dr. Judging by his feed back I doubt he's the type of guy who would try and mug his fellow BCers off. I genuinely liked the look of the p bass. It was in my radar and I was going to make a cheeky offer. Thanks for putting me straight guys.
Mark.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1336040296' post='1639787']
I'm still a bit confused. If they are average bass guitars worth say £100-£150 each on a good day why are they being bigged up by the good Dr. Judging by his feed back I doubt he's the type of guy who would try and mug his fellow BCers off.....
[/quote]

I guess its always a gamble when you are jumping on a new bandwagon - in this case Jap crap. Only a couple of years ago all Jap crap was regularly being snapped up for £30 but then the road-worn/mojo scene hit and suddenly everything beat-up or edgy or with a bit of "history" became hot. Just as with all '70's Fenders previously untouchable with bargepoles now comanding a premium these days, it would seem that anything else '70's or '80's and looking like a Fender is being hyped just as much [b]regardless of actual merit. [/b]Just look in the main Jap crap thread, all the latest examples catching the expert's eyes are going for £200 or more.

This particular instance was I dare say simply a misjudged offencive against people who know too much... the fact that the bass was on on the bay for less than half the price it was advertised on here with the promise of "[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#333333][size=4]This is a bargain, trust me... ;) you'll never get that quality P-bass for that money again[/size]...[/color][/size][/font]" answers the second part of your question I think.

That's not to say that there aren't really good '70's Jap crap bargains out there. I was lucky enough to find one local to me earlier this year for £80 which turned out to the best P bass I've ever owned... no hype, no rose tinted specs, just plain fact. It's a no-name one-piece, maple/maple with original '70's style (big) tuners and original cream DiMarzios. Everyone who's played it has been blown away with it - I was even offered a silly sum of money for it... but it's a genuine keeper. I even played it at a bass bash in front of a audience of bassists, that's how good I think it is. So they are out there. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than £100 for Fenderesque Jap crap unseen but that's just me.

It could well be that this bass is as legendary as it's being advertised as... but with the other one being described in exactly the same vane... well.
I think it's fair to say that this thread has become derailed now. I feel bad that this had to happen here.
My best advice to the good Dr is to put it on ebay... there's one born every minute... we'd rather it wasn't one of us.
And next time remember it's always best to just stick to the facts when advertising gear on here... there are too many enthusiasts and experts around here not to.

Outshined I reckon you must be about 600 years old. You are without doubt a wise dude. When I say I was gonna make a cheeky offer, trust me it was gonna be very cheeky but by the sounds of things justified.
Talk soon
Mark.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1336046592' post='1639954']
Outshined I reckon you must be about 600 years old. You are without doubt a wise dude. When I say I was gonna make a cheeky offer, trust me it was gonna be very cheeky but by the sounds of things justified.
Talk soon
Mark.
[/quote]

He is. 600 Scottish years, at least, I've counted the rings.

Still mint and ++++AWESOME++++ though.

Haha the OP just tried to spam a FS thread of mine (presumably as some sort of juvenile revenge) then deleted it. :D

Don't be so pissy man. If you've got a problem with anything I've said here just come out and say it to me... leave the stalking to the weirdos.
Besides, you have your own meme now... not to mention an +++ AWESOME +++ [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/175371-rare-unique-awesome-for-sale-mint/"]comedy thread[/url] made in your honour. :D

Btw you do realise that just because you've deleted your post in my thread it doesn't mean that the mods can't see it right?

Congrats with "the sale" btw. :laugh1:

this super duper amazing well priced hand carved amazing all singing all dancing fender beating legend of a bass has now sold?! Damn, I'll never see a bass of this quality for that sort of money again......
Mind you have to give the OP credit for trying to over hype his way to a sale on a forum of experts, and at twice the price of eBay no less, kudos!