Why become a member? ×

FS: Battered GK Backline 115 125-watt combo - PRICE DROP - £70

Mylkinut

Here we have my old GK Backline 115 - I bought it new about 8 years ago. It has a tilt-back shape which was brilliant in cramped rehersal rooms, and it was plenty loud to handle small-medium gigs (function hall size). It has a pretty modern sound which went perfectly with my Stingray (which I've since sold).

Now for the bad stuff. No bones about it, it's in terrible shape. It has (had) a carpet covering which, after many gigs and clumsy roadies, has been left battered and worn. It was in storage for the past 8 months so is currently lightly dusted in cat hair which I'm in the middle of getting rid of. Several of the plastic caps on the corners are cracked, but none are missing.

The good thing is that it works, despite its looks. It had a very scratchy volume pot which was replaced last year and is now fine. The on-off button was replaced with it (it was a bit intermittent). I won't say the amp has a history of total reliability, but it's never let me down at a gig or a practice and it's currently working perfectly.

These amps sell new for anywhere between £250 and £300, so given the ugliness of it I'm asking for [s]£100 £80 [/s]£70. I'm open to offers of course. Pickup from Southampton, but I guess I could do some limited moving around if needs be.

Pictures:

Cheers :)

Edited by Mylkinut

• 3 weeks later...