Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM-C115-500 EVO III

Lord Sausage

Ashdown have discontinued ABM combos, but perhaps they still have some available. Either way, I guess you should get a bit of a deal on the price.

As for how they sound, I'm a big fan of ABM, tonally it's great stuff but for me you don't get the volume from the combos that perhaps you should for the price. Depending on what you're using it for, you may well find you need to add an extension cab to it, which I guess is possibly why Ashdown are going with just ABM heads from now on which I'd personally recommend*

[size=1]*Nothing to do with the fact I'm selling one ;)[/size]

Another ABM fan here - I have seperates - I've found that ABM 500 + the 115 (on its own) isn't loud enough in noisy band settings. So I reckon you'd want an extension with that combo. Volume's never been an issue using an ABM 500+ ABM 410 (on its own) - which sounds much better than the 115 to my ears. But its a pain to cart it about, and the fullstack is a bit overkill. In hindsight I'd have gone for 2 x 210 - which is probably my next move.

To be fair if gigs are smallish and you can DI into the PA then the combo would probably do, but an 8ohm 2x10 or 1x15 extension would run the combo at the full 575w or whatever it is and give you a lot more headroom. You could always decide on taking the extension depending on the size of the gig.

I've got an Abm 500 c210 combo, the 2x10 version of the one you're talking about. Whilst the sound is terrific, all that everyone has said is true, unless it's a really small venue, it simply isn't loud enough on it's own. I had to buy the deep 115 cabinet to get it performing to the max. This rig is superb and really punches it's weight, but given it's size does render the combo a little redundant. Next time out I'll definitely go for separates though.