Why become a member? ×

EBS reidmar and what cab

fatgoogle

My plan to get an EBS reidmar and the 2 matching 1x12 cabs aint going to work anymore due to lack of funds and the euro - GBP exchange doesnt seem that great from what ive seen typing things into google.

Im still set on getting the reidmar, but now just a single 8 ohm cab, probably a 2x10. So ive been looking at the GK MBE 210, its nice and light and looks pretty decent for double bass as well. But what are the lows like on one of these, will a low B come through nicely with a single one.

Any other good 2x10 lightweight cabs or possibly 1x12's(i also saw an EDEN 1x12). Also if any one has a nice light 2x10 with low end which theyd post to Ireland.

Cheers
Sam H

EDIT:

Im also Looking at The Genz Benz Focus LT 2x10 and the GK neo 2x10 which is a bit more expensive but looks good. Any other 2x10's to be checked out?

Edited by fatgoogle

I use my Reidmar mostly with an EBS Neo 210. Sounds incredible and plenty of backline volume for small to medium sized gigs. But, that cab is stupidily expensive and may not be suitable for players that like thunderous low end tones.

I have used my Reidmar through my Eden 210XLT a couple of times. That cab has a serious attitude in the lower frequencies and sounds a bit more full range than the EBS when you balance the tweeter level. But, David Eden cabs are not cheap. I have tried the Reidmar 3 weeks ago at Bass Direct through a Berg 112 and sounded amazing. I think that amp would perform really well with two of those Berg 112's. Again, very expensive cab...not helping much, am I? I have plugged the Reidmar into an Ampeg B410-HE cab that is at the rehearsal studio my band uses. That cab has a very different musical character to the other cabs and again sounds very good. A bit more low end and plenty loud. I don't think Ampeg do a 210 version of the B series cabs though, so you can count that one out too. Those are the only cabs I have tried the Reidmar through at full tilt this far.

At a guess, I would say that this amp would sound great through Genz Benz Focus LT cabs, which are incredible value for money. Mark @ Bass Direct has them in stock at the moment and there are a couple of demo videos on his website. They sound great!

The EBS Classic Line cabs are great value for money and sound very good with the Reidmar. A 110+112 setup will sound great, but if you are a budget I would recommend getting the 112 cab on its own rather than the 110. It's quite light, small, plenty of low end punch and surprisingly loud for its size.

My budget is around €400 for the cab, hopefully less. This means i could get a single classic 1x12 to go with it, but im worried that this might not be loud enough on its own compared to a single 8 ohm 2x10, whish in my head would be louder.

The Genz Benz LT 2x10 looks ideal really. But i havent played one and probably wont get the chance too. I need something that i can carry on my own.

Do Bassdirect give student discounts :D ?

EDIT: Im really starting to go back on myself now, i might be able to afford two classic 1x12's as the last part of my grant came through, so if i didnt eat for the next 6 weeks till i finish college and move home again i could manage it. I do however like eating...

Edited by fatgoogle

[quote name='fryer' timestamp='1335808525' post='1636391']
I have a Peavey 210 for sale, at £95. Not light though, but it does sound good with my Reidmar. Lots of low end.
[/quote]

Thanks but it would be too heavy too lug around without a car or taxi, for anything more then a few yards i reckon by the weight.

I emailed Mark at bassdirect and after getting back quickly, he recommended going for the Genz Benz Focus cabs if im also using it for double bass. What do you all reckon? Maybe a 1x12 and a 2x10 vertically stacked or two 2x10's or two 1x12's? I cant decide.