Why become a member? ×

what happened to Machinehead in Hitchin?

Golchen

[quote name='Golchen' post='177248' date='Apr 15 2008, 06:47 PM']Amyone know what happened to Jeff who owned Machinehead music in Hitchin? Did he just sell up and go? I notice that Barrie Palmer who did great guitar setup left as well.

Just wondering ..........[/quote]

Jeff sold Machinehead to a mate of mine, Barrie is working nearer to his home (can't remember where) rather than continue to commute.

Jeff has taken over World Guitars and is opening a new showroom in Gloucestershire (according to the trade press)

ahh yes, I see that the info on Worldguitars.co.uk says : Proprietor: J. Pumfrett. Thanks for that.

Jeff is a fascinating character, I'm glad to see that he is still selling guitars somewhere. Your mate seems like a decent sort of guy as well, I've been in a few times recently and got exactly the friendly welcoming response that you hope for in shops (but don't always get!). It's a great shop and it's pretty local for me.

Barry Palmer is now working at [url="http://www.giggear.co.uk/home/index.php?f=workshop"]Giggear in Harlow[/url] - and a fine job he does too. Had my bass set up by him, and one of the guitarists had a fretdress and setup from him, which he's delighted with.