Why become a member? ×

Squier VM Precision plus a glimpse at my past!

backwater

Does it class as p0rn? It's certainly good looking!

Having sold my Washburn Bantam fretless months ago I was bass-less until I spotted this one being sold by Andy67. A very quick deal and she's now mine.

[attachment=7722:squier.jpg]

I also have a love for the coffin cases ([url="http://www.coffincase.com/"]Coffin Case Company[/url] - probably not safe for work!) - having bought one of the first in the country for my telecaster copy I fancied a bass one - a quick trip into town today to get one!

Also some of my earlier (and now sold on) basses in reverse order :

1984 Washburn Bantam Fretless -
[attachment=7723:bantam1.jpg]

1990s Squier Musicmaster -
[attachment=7725:Musicmaster.JPG]

1990s Peavey Milestone 1 (don't hav a photo of mine but looks like this!)
[attachment=7735:peavey.jpg]

Andy :)

You lucky bar-steward! I wanted that Squier VM, but I'm insanely broke at the minute :) Did you take it with the extra bits i.e tuners/bridge/pickup or just take it as stock? Either way was a bargain. I'd love one of those Squier Musicmasters too, the bassist from Bedouin Soundclash used one when I saw them at the QMU in Glasgow last year, it sounded pretty nice.

[quote name='jono b' post='179127' date='Apr 17 2008, 06:30 PM']You lucky bar-steward! I wanted that Squier VM, but I'm insanely broke at the minute :) Did you take it with the extra bits i.e tuners/bridge/pickup or just take it as stock? Either way was a bargain. I'd love one of those Squier Musicmasters too, the bassist from Bedouin Soundclash used one when I saw them at the QMU in Glasgow last year, it sounded pretty nice.[/quote]

I got it with the Schaller tuners fitted but otherwise stock. I'll probably change the bridge out at somepoint but I'll play it for a while and see wether I need to.

The musicmaster was a great one to play - I bought it as I need a bass for a gig in a hurry way back in 98 and £99 (new!) seemed too good a deal to pass up! I've never seen one come up secondhand which suggests that others think the same way - I only got rid of it because I had too many guitars at the time and it was the least used. :huh:

Andy ;)

Musicmasters crop up on ebay from time to time, but not at that price! I'd love to get one, don't have quite enough for a Mustang but want to get something a little nicer than the Squier Bronco. I picked up a Squier Duo Sonic guitar for £80 a couple of years ago but it was an absolute pig! I think that's bottom of the barrel stuff though, the Musicmasters are meant to be really good, as well as being great VFM. On a side note, your white one is nice, but the Bedouin Soundclash bassist had a blue one, [i]very[/i] Sonic Youth!