Why become a member? ×

Need some help with Take your mamma out by the SS.

dave_bass5

Guys.
Ive been playing this song for over two years but still cant quite work out the bass line.
I know the chords its based around but cant quite get the notes as they are on the recording.

Can anyone help me out? I feel stupid asking but its been bugging me for a long while

Cheers.

Edited by dave_bass5

We recorded it for our demo CD and the bass is a little easier to hear than on the record.

[url="http://www.officialsubway.com/Sound/newsound/Take%20Your%20Mama%20-%20Subway.mp3"]Take Your Mama[/url]

Hope it helps.

Chris.

[quote name='Moose' post='177237' date='Apr 15 2008, 06:27 PM']We recorded it for our demo CD and the bass is a little easier to hear than on the record.

[url="http://www.officialsubway.com/Sound/newsound/Take%20Your%20Mama%20-%20Subway.mp3"]Take Your Mama[/url]

Hope it helps.

Chris.[/quote]

Chris.
Thanks. Sounds good and it does indeed help.

• 4 weeks later...

We do this too but I don't have a recording. And yes - the record's pretty vague bass-wise.

I always felt that the "bass" line was more a combination of a bit off bass synth plus left-hand piano. I play what I think of as a composite of the two.

Also, unless you're trying to do a clone of the sound rather than a song I think it better to treat it as a bit of boogie like "Stay With Me". Just an opinion though...

Cheers guys.
These all sound great so i guess its just a matter of doing what feels right.
Some good suggestions. Like i say, ive been playing it for a few years but never really felt right about it.
Terry, ill give your version a go at the next gig.
I think a lot of how i play it depends on how the drummer is playing as well. Not always easy to get the groove if the drummer is using a different rhythm.