Why become a member? ×

Ampeg

joeystrange

I few months ago I got an artist deal with Ampeg.
I've wanted an SVT CL for years but, as I'm sure you're aware, they're bloody expensive! Anyway, this deal made it affordable so I sold some gear (including my amp) and e-mailed the guy at Ampeg yesterday afternoon to order the CL.
Turns out Ampeg don't have any amps!
Well, they don't have a single CL or VR in stock and he said they've got no idea when they'll get any more in as they're moving production to a different factory.

It's nobody's fault but it just happens to be really bad timing and now I'm left without an amp for god knows how long.

Pain in the bum.

I asked that and he said that judging by the amount of back orders they have there might be many dealers that have any and that he couldn't tell a dealer to do that anyway.
I also asked if they had a ex-demo unit that I could buy and he said they sold the one they had a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sure it'll work out eventually, it's just a pain right now.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' timestamp='1334651890' post='1619009']
Damn, that sucks. I had the same thing with GK with one of my cabs. Luckily a 2001RB into one 410RBH was plenty.

These bloody endorsements, they're not all they're cracked up to be. ;)
[/quote]

Ha! Be grateful, you professional types!

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' timestamp='1334651890' post='1619009']
Damn, that sucks. I had the same thing with GK with one of my cabs. Luckily a 2001RB into one 410RBH was plenty.

These bloody endorsements, they're not all they're cracked up to be. ;)
[/quote]

How long did you have to wait for the second cab? Your rig sounds pretty sweet!

[quote name='joeystrange' timestamp='1334652539' post='1619025']
How long did you have to wait for the second cab? Your rig sounds pretty sweet!
[/quote]

It wasn't too long I don't think, maybe a couple of months. I don't really remember. The whole UK had ran out of stock at the time so one was being shipped over from the US especially.

I do love my rigs. I need to get the big rig out again at a gig but it's so much effort to move it about. The "mini" rig is so easy in comparison haha.

I mentioned to Joe that you guys would be interested in playing with us at the Bell again btw and he's up for it. Just give him a buzz or a nudge on facebook or something and assuming the Bell stops having all these problems it's having currently, I'm sure we'll find a space for you.

[quote name='ben604' timestamp='1334652428' post='1619020']
Ha! Be grateful, you professional types!
[/quote]

haha, if you like a company, you should just ask them for an endorsement, worse they can do is say no. I've been turned down by a couple of bass manufacturers, won't stop me asking again when I want a new bass. ;) I'm lucky GK said yes though (especially after turning down another amp manufacturer because I wanted to use the GK rig I had already bought new), I really wasn't expecting it but the artist relations guy loves my band and is a really great guy to deal with.

Be like those footballers who get sonsored by Adidas, but wear their own boots with 3 bits of sticky tape on them. Just borrow another amp from somewwhere, and buy an Ampeg sticker - sorted!

Seriously though, must be gutting, but good news on getting endorsed by Ampeg, result.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' timestamp='1334653296' post='1619041']
It wasn't too long I don't think, maybe a couple of months. I don't really remember. The whole UK had ran out of stock at the time so one was being shipped over from the US especially.

I do love my rigs. I need to get the big rig out again at a gig but it's so much effort to move it about. The "mini" rig is so easy in comparison haha.

I mentioned to Joe that you guys would be interested in playing with us at the Bell again btw and he's up for it. Just give him a buzz or a nudge on facebook or something and assuming the Bell stops having all these problems it's having currently, I'm sure we'll find a space for you.
[/quote]

Cool, I'll mention it to the rest of the band.
Cheers mate!