Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Amp tech in Cardiff?

shizznit

No need to f*** about with an amp tech for that - just squirt a bit of switch cleaner in them & twiddle them about a bit.

If you don't feel confident doing it yourself then Nobles in Whitchurch is possibly your best bet - their tech guy (don't know if it's still Clive Noble) is meant to be pretty good with amps.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1334582900' post='1617966']
No need to f*** about with an amp tech for that - just squirt a bit of switch cleaner in them & twiddle them about a bit.

If you don't feel confident doing it yourself then Nobles in Whitchurch is possibly your best bet - their tech guy (don't know if it's still Clive Noble) is meant to be pretty good with amps.
[/quote]

Are they still going? I thought they folded years ago??

Tidy...I'll google them in a mo. They used to repair and service my Marshall amps donkey years ago and always did a good job. I can do the pots myself, but I want them to do an all over general service. The DI out is a bit dodgy too.

Cheers lads!

• 2 weeks later...

Clive is still going at Nobles music in Whitchurch and is a good guy.

Also a friend of mine Pete is an independent audio engineer based at Sevenoaks Hi fi shop at 134 Crwys Rd, Cathays, where I currently work. It will revert to being Audio-T very soon. He has looked after my kit for years as well as many others. It is best to get in touch with him first rather than just dropping in. Call him on 02921 660525 or try the shop number 02920 228565. Don't be put off by the Sevenoaks thing he has his own workshop separately, back from the days when we were Audio Excellence. He is not just confined to amps S state or valve. He is also very good on all electronic instruments. Needless to say I trust him completely with my kit and he has got me out of a fix many a time.

If you can't get hold of Pete you can always pop in and ask for me, Nic Hawkins, it's always good to meet a fellow basschatter.

Edited by gelfin