Why become a member? ×

Like deja vu - all over again....

Tripehound

Took me an age to get the amp I really wanted - seduced as much by its looks as the sound it promised. It delivers.

And the Italia was also bought on the basis of looks (I'd sniffed round the Eastwood EEB for ages and this also bears more than a passing resemblence to the Ampeg in my eyes). Again it sounds great and introduced me to the wonders of a fifth string.

Doubt I can operate on this basis going forward - my luck must run out eventually!

(and yes - that's my old SD Curlee in the background)

It still gets played from time to time - it's an extremely 'roadworn relic' but still solid, sounds brilliant (esp. with fresh strings) and fun to play. Owned since new some time in the early 80s (it's all getting a bit hazy now) and I left it in the care of a 'friend' who got it into the cosmetic condition it's in now. Our sax player, a woodwork teacher - sorry - Technology/resistant materials - has offered to give it a rub down and a revarnish but I hesitate to let him do it....